VP/AVP, EDAG Project Analyst, Data Management Office
- Permanent, Full time
- United Overseas Bank
- 16 Dec 17
VP/AVP, EDAG Project Analyst, Data Management OfficeJob Description
The Data Management Office is a business function that covers Enterprise Data Governance, Data Management, Big Data Analytics and Enterprise Data Strategy. Data Management Office ensures that UOB meets all data governance standards set by data regulators and optimize data management and usage to help UOB make smarter, faster and more accurate decisions and to improve operational efficiency.
The Data Management Team (DMT) within the DMO serves as the single point of contact for users across UOB for data issue escalations. The DMT ensures that data hosted in data warehouse is of good quality and conforms to data standards such as completeness, accuracy and consistency, to support regulatory and management reports. The team also promotes data automation and makes use of data to help develop initiatives to improve productivity
You will be a member of the Project Team in the implementation of the New Enterprise Data Warehouse project. Your main responsibilities include:
- Gathering and documenting business requirements & functional specifications on data related initiatives.
- Perform data profiling and gap analysis, source to target mappings, data issue capturing, resolution and escalation.
- Provide end-to-end project delivery support, including workshop planning, conducting of workshop walkthrough, defect support, continuous validation and assisting with rollout activities.
- Able to perform complex SQL scripting to meet user's requests.
- User Acceptance Testing - design and execute test cases and test scripts, including acceptance criteria.
- Foster strong working & collaborative relationships with the business & technology stakeholders.
- Day to day management of change requests in relation to the project plans to ensure agreed deadlines are met.
- Minimum Bachelor Degree or equivalent professional qualifications in Computer Science with at least 5 years of working experience in banking industry, preferably with business / functional knowledge;
- Experience in gathering and documentation of business requirements;
- Knowledge of architecting and modeling in Systems Integration, Data Warehousing, BI tools, Big Data platforms and experienced in the use of analytical /query tools. Must be able to query and understand database solutions.
- Extensive experience designing, developing, and documenting data-driven solutions - including capturing architectures, metadata systems, data dictionaries, databases and applications.
- Good team player who possesses drive and initiative;
- Excellent written / oral communication skills to effectively interact with different stakeholders and external vendors, able to work independently under pressure.