VP/AVP, Software Development Engineer in Testing (SDET), Group Consumer Banking and Big Data Analytics Technology, Technology and Operations
Business Function Group Technology and Operations (T&O) enables and empowers the bank with an efficient, nimble and resilient infrastructure through a strategic focus on productivity, quality & control, technology, people capability and innovation. In Group T&O, we manage the majority of the Bank's operational processes and inspire to delight our business partners through our multiple banking delivery channels. Responsibilities We are seeking a technically strong candidate to join the team as a SDET Lead who will work closely with other Engineers, Architects, and DevOps engineers to help us deliver quality software in a reliable and predictable manner using test automation. You will be a technical mentor for your team members. You will work closely with your peers, managers, product, design and operations teams to deliver solutions that meet business requirements. Specific duties and responsibilities include creating, maintaining and executing test plans and test cases against our software platforms, estimating test efforts, analysing and communicating test results, defect tracking and participating in day to day QA Activities. You will also add to our company's performance and scalability testing efforts. Requirements
Apply Now We offer a competitive salary and benefits package and the professional advantages of a dynamic environment that supports your development and recognises your achievements.
- Bachelor's' degree in Computer Science or equivalent from a reputable university with good academic results is preferred
- Minimum 5 years of professional experience in test automation within an agile team and overall 12-15 years of IT experience in Quality engineering
- Solid understanding of software quality best practices and processes
- Excellent communication skills (written and verbal) in order to communicate technically with fellow engineers, architects and other members of the QA group
- Curiosity to explore creative solutions and try new things to solve challenging problems to pull it all together for project success
- Comfortable working in a fast paced, highly collaborative, dynamic work environment.
- Broad range of testing and design patterns
- Understanding of Web fundamentals (HTTP, REST, JSON etc.), 2 tier/3 tier architectures.
- Mobile applications testing and automation (native applications, mobile browsers, remote devices)
- Understanding of Microservices architecture and Stubbing (good if he/she has knowledge of spring frameworks and wire mock)
- Understanding of Message Queues, Kafka - how to test
- Building and maintenance of Automation Frameworks (or at least understand the package structure and different aspects of it)
- Excellent knowledge of Data models, database queries and knowledge of RDBMS/NoSQL platforms
- Code versioning and build/deploy tools, CI/CD e.g. git, Jenkins etc
- of QA practices: black box, white box testing; performance testing, regression and exploratory testing
- Technologies like Ansible, Containers, Kubernetes etc. is a plus