VP/AVP, Specialist, Data Scientist
Business Function Here at the DBS Transformation Group, we focus on nurturing the culture of the "World's Best Digital Bank" (Euromoney, 2016 & 2018) and Best Bank in the World (Euromoney 2019). Our approach is a combination of both science and art; we immerse our stakeholders in the world of design thinking and experimentation, drive rigorous creativity along our pipeline, and build connections between corporate entrepreneurs and start-ups. We are a cross-disciplinary team focused on the invention of solutions that will radically improve the way people live, work and play. We are passionate and committed to making banking joyful (while having lots of fun)! Responsibilities
The Analytic Center of Excellence is established as the central team to develop the machine learning practice for DBS group. The data scientist/machine learning engineer in Analytic Center of Excellence will have opportunities to work on huge varieties of problems across sales and marketing, customer management, revenue optimization, risk prevention, operation efficiency, network monitoring, AML and many more other areas.
We work with business to implement high performance advanced analytics solutions using python/Spark/R. The successful candidate will lead the efforts to propose advanced analytics to drive business value, including:
- Understand the business domain and relevant dataset
- Provide end-to-end advanced solutions to design, develop and deploy to production system
- Build the CICD practice to manage models regarding quick experiments and feedback loop
- Communicate/Interpret analytics result and machine learning model details with business and stakeholders
- Lead junior staff, help them learn and grow
- VP: 10+ years industry/finance working experience (5+ years' experience for PhD); AVP: 7+ years industry/finance working experience (3+ years' experience for PhD),
- Direct banking experience with front business will be a plus;
- The candidate must have excellent problem solving and advanced analytic skills.
- Excellent programming skills in Python, Spark and R and familiar with software development methodology.
- Familiar with machine learning framework and different tasks performed during the modelling process. In-depth understanding of data processing, wrangling and feature engineering techniques.
- Proficiency with code management tools such Git/Bitbucket and willing to take up other software development tools such as Jira and confluence.
- Have developed and implemented industry machine learning solution for classification, prediction, forecasting and anomality detection problems.
- Eager to learn and get hands dirty with new technology.
- Experience building large scale distributed machine learning solutions
- Experience building robust & high-throughout API for analytics-as-a-service solutions
- Familiar with NLP/Graph Mining/Deep Learning
- CFA/CPA/FRM certificate will be a plus
We offer a competitive salary and benefits package and the professional advantages of a dynamic environment that supports your development and recognises your achievements.