VP/AVP, Test Manager (SG Core & Consumer Credit Applications), Core Systems Technology, Technology and Operations
- Permanent, Full time
- DBS Bank Limited
- 18 Nov 17 2017-11-18
See job description for details
Group Technology and Operations (T&O) enables and empowers the bank with an efficient, nimble and resilient infrastructure through a strategic focus on productivity, quality & control, technology, people capability and innovation. In Group T&O, we manage the majority of the Bank's operational processes and inspire to delight our business partners through our multiple banking delivery channels.
The selected candidate is required to take on the Test Manager role for Core Systems supporting Singapore and Regional Countries.
- Oversee respective SG Core & Consumer Credit applications testing activities.
- In collaboration with other stakeholders and test leads of other interfacing systems, devise test objectives, strategies and plans.
- Plan, monitor and control all testing activities and tasks across respective Releases & projects Responsible for the work product of the testing team, and the timely delivery of different testing milestones.
- Implement continuous automated testing across all projects/initiatives in SG core projects
- Guide the team with the right test automation strategy applicable for the technology stack
- Be hands on with coding and test automation where required
- Lead the automation of the testing process in-sprint and during SIT using the right tool set – Licenced and Open source
- Risk and Issue Management - Identify, mitigate and escalate testing risks and issues (act as the escalation point for respective application testing issues).
- Estimate testing efforts required.
- Manage testing environments and logistics (desks, equipments etc.) for each test stage (SIT/UAT).
- Lead, guide and monitor the analysis, design, development and execution of test cases, test procedures and test suites.
- Responsible for the definition of the infrastructure, system, data and connectivity requirements for the test environments.
- Monitor the scheduling and readiness of test environments (including interfaces and data setup) for each test stage.
- Coordinate interfacing systems and teams for integration test activities.
- Support in Defect Management process.
- Implement and drive Test automation initiatives.
- Drive and track improvements towards Quality KPI goals for SG Core applications.
- 8-10 years of experience in the field of financial/banking applications testing and a broad experience in leading the testing on large complex projects/programmes as a lead or manager
- Strong technical knowledge – able to code in one or two scripting language
- Experience in test automation and developing automation frameworks from scratch
- Experience automating testing in multiple technologies – Mainframe, web, Java/.Net.
- Experience automating through the UI, API and web services
- Advanced knowledge of test methodologies and approaches
- Experience of using and implementing a variety of test tools, including tools for test management / planning, defect tracking, test automation, test data management
- Experience with Agile, devops and Testing Tools e.g. HPQC, UFT/QTP, OPTIM, JIRA, Confluence
- Experience working directly with and managing vendors and partners
- Pro-active, independent, resourceful and able to work in a team
- Experience of Core Banking domain and applications would be an advantage.
- Familiarity with Mainframe, modern 3-tier applications & related technologies (e.g. Java/J2EE, SQL/Oracle, UNIX)
- Experience with VB scripting, REST and MS Excel scripting would be an advantage
- Strong attention to detail
- Present facts and recommendations effectively in oral and written form
- Possess excellent verbal and written communication skills.
We offer a competitive salary and benefits package and the professional advantages of a dynamic environment that supports your development and recognises your achievements.