VP/FVP - Group Compliance, Corporate & Regulatory Affairs
- Permanent, Full time
- United Overseas Bank
- 12 Dec 17
VP/FVP - Group Compliance, Corporate & Regulatory AffairsGroup Compliance is a strategic partner and trusted business enabler to the Board and Senior Management to ensure that the Bank continuously fulfils its regulatory obligations in today's tight and dynamic regulatory landscape.
The incumbent will be responsible in formulating and implementing appropriate compliance policies and procedures to ensure that the Bank carries out its business activities in conformance with compliance laws, rule and standards. He/she will provide regulatory compliance advice and services to Corporate Functions and Service Sectors (channels & digitalisation and technology & operations) in the Bank and ensuring that best practices and ethical standards adopted by the Bank are consistent within the Group.
- To identify, evaluate and assess regulatory compliance risks, compliance laws, rules and standards, and formulate compliance plans on the foregoing.
- To provide sound, coherent & consistent advice, interpretation and recommendation on compliance laws, rules and standards, internal policies and procedures, products and business initiatives.
- To develop, review and implement policies, procedures, guidelines and manuals within the Group.
- To oversee, manage and develop compliance review programmes which test compliance with applicable compliance laws, rules and standards, including that for personal account dealing, FATCA and OECD CRS.
- To oversee and ensure coherent and consistent implementation of compliance policy requirements within the Group.
- To anticipate and assess impact of regulatory reforms as well as participate in industry body discussions
- To act as an independent reviewer of compliance issues and concerns escalated.
- To promote and champion organisation-wide knowledge sharing, for compliance know-how, information and experience to be shared with internal stakeholders.
- To assess training needs, develop and review compliance training materials and conduct training for staff.
- To engage with internal as well as external stakeholders such as industry bodies on regulatory compliance matters, auditors and regulators.
- To assist in compliance projects/initiatives as assigned.
- Good degree in Accounting, Banking & Finance, Law or equivalent, with at least 10 years in compliance or audit experience in the financial services industry.
- Good knowledge of banking business operations and products and services.
- Sound knowledge and understanding of compliance laws, rules and standards applicable to banking business.
- Strong analytical, writing and communication skills and meticulous, with the ability to work independently.
- Good stakeholder management skills and a team player with demonstrated ability to manage multiple demands and priorities.
- Good critical-thinking and problem-solving skills and is results/task oriented to ensure timely and quality delivery of required outcomes.
- High personal standard of integrity, ethics and commitment to fulfilling the objectives of the position