We are supporting our client, a top tier global investment bank who are seeking to recruit a Product Controller at VP level to oversee their credit market business from a control and governance perspective. This role will also have a focus on bespoke structured transactions.
- Responsibility for the accuracy and integrity of Global Credit Market Business books and records. This responsibility encompasses:
- Trader Profit &Loss/Risk reporting and control
- Daily revenue reporting of estimate and actual P&L
- Month-end close process, working in partnership with Financial Control, Valuation Control and Legal Entity Controllers
- Ensuring correct risk sensitivity is sent to Value at Risk (VaR) and providing commentary on ensuing back testing results
- Preparation of commentary for trading results, linking trading revenues to desk strategies and changes in market conditions.
- Ascertain a thorough understanding of the end-to-end technology platform and associated feeds/downstream systems.
- Ensuring adherence to internal and external regulation
- Responsible for daily production of risk and P&L sign off statistics
- Responsible for summary of P&L explain MIS to management.
Knowledge, skills and experience required:
- Relevant BSc degree with a proven strong academic background required
- CA or CPA Accounting qualified with at least 8 years + post qualification experience
- Strong knowledge of accounting standards (IFRS, IAS)
- In depth knowledge of financial market products in particular credit products such as bonds, repo, credit derivatives and loans
- Strong analytical and interpersonal skills as well as a track record of interacting with internal and external stakeholders at all levels
- Ability to challenge efficiency and drive forward on change and innovation of processes
- Excellent Excel knowledge.