VP - Credit Risk Management (Commodities)
- Base salary + Bonuses
- Singapore Singapore Singapore SG
- Permanent, Full time
- 20 May 18 2018-05-20
We are seeking a high caliber candidate to join an established Global Bank as a VP under the Credit Risk Management team. You will be leading a small team of credit analysts and working closely with the Global Commodities team on a day to day basis. This will be a great opportunity for you to gain visibility with the Senior Management team. If you are currently in a Senior Contributor role and seeking a step up in your career, this will be an ideal role for you.
- Assume leadership responsibilities, lead a team on day-to-day operations, and provide guidance on credit risk function to the juniors for a portfolio of Commodities clients
- Work closely with the RMs and advise them on appropriate risk strategies
- Credit assessment of existing and potential clients by analyzing financial statements, financial forecast, understanding industry trends and counterparties’ business models to derive appropriate credit ratings for the corporates
- Present and make appropriate recommendations to the Credit Committee
- Ensure compliance of local Credit Risk operations with Group and Local Rules and regulations
- Maintain up to date knowledge of products, methodologies, models, structures, accounting standards and regulations.
- Ensure sound credit portfolio quality by identifying potential problem accounts for monitoring and early remediation including timely and appropriate classification of accounts to reflect the underlying credit risk.
- Recognized Bachelor Degree in Banking/Finance/Accountancy/Economics or equivalent
- Candidates must have at least 8-10 years of relevant experience
- Candidates with leadership experience as well as relevant banking or similar experience in the natural resources/commodities sector will be advantageous
- Self-driven, good leadership qualities and strong team player.
- Meticulous, strong analytical, communication and writing skills, with good experience in financial modeling and analysis.
- Ability to work independently and under challenging deadlines.
- Candidates must be able to communicate effectively in English and Mandarin as the role requires the incumbent to handle clients from the North Asia market as well
Interested candidates please send your updated CV to email@example.com or call 82332848 for a confidential discussion.