VP - Portfolio Manager Team Lead for Group Risk Management
Roles and Responsibilities:
As the Portfolio Management Team Lead, you are responsible for the overall performance of the EmB lending portfolio. You will lead the team that manage the EmB borrowing accounts through:
- Timely review of early warning high risk accounts and take preventive measures to minimize delinquencies.
- Management and engagement of higher exposure delinquent borrowers for payments to reduce delinquencies.
- Partnering with Customer Services Unit and monitoring action on account strategy of high-risk borrowers.
- Work with Collections on rehabilitation of troubled accounts through appropriate restructuring of facilities
- Perform customer calls or site visits with Business Unit when necessary for credit assessment.
- Monitor and track status of rehabilitated accounts to ensure that the restructuring plans are being adhered.
- Generate monthly delinquency, credit condition position reports.
- Manage, execute and report inspections for Block Discounting, Equipment & Machinery and Pawn Shop borrowers.
In addition, you will be responsible for the following:
- Credit policies pertaining to Credit Risk Management - EmB.
- Support Head, CRM EmB in oversight of Regional CRM EmB credit policies.
- Manage inspection policy and scope for relevancy and applicability.
- Manage a team of Portfolio Managers / Inspectors, including development and career progression.
- Initiate review / changes to existing processes where warranted to improve efficiency and effectiveness.
Head, CRM EmB
- At least 10 years of banking experience, of which 6 years in credit risk and portfolio management
- Good understanding of EmB banking products, industries and micro and small businesses
- Possess strong leadership, interpersonal, communication and effective negotiation skills
- Self-motivated and able to work both independently and within a team
- Good in MS Excel. Knowledge on Statistical Analysis System ("SAS"), coding and data analytics is preferred