VP, Application Delivery Manager (Core Banking)
- Permanent, Full time
- United Overseas Bank
- 18 Nov 17
VP, Application Delivery Manager (Core Banking)Job Objective:
Responsible for all aspects of software development and support (L3) for multiple applications from functional specifications to production implementation and post implementation support; using established methods and technologies with off-the-shelf or custom solutions delivered using a combination of internal staff, contractors and vendors.
- Work with a team of subject matter experts business analysts, architects and software developers to deliver projects and change requests. Provide solutions, cost estimates, functional and design specifications
- Manage business stakeholders expectation and establish best or alternative solutions that are feasible within the technology and timeline constraints
- Review solution design and effort estimates from the team and prioritize projects and change requests assigned to the team
- Drive consistency in solution design and delivery across applications and development teams
- Manage delivery of initiatives - projects and change request. Responsible for planning, manage vendor and in-house development, solutioning, implementing and maintaining software applications systems.
- Drive adoption of methods (E.g. Agile) and industry practices to improve quality and productivity outcomes
- Select, train, develop and manage technical team members in a conducive team environment
- Lead multi-vendor teams to successfully deliver solutions, manage multi-vendor teams to work amicably to support the bank's commitments
- Work with Test manager to formulate comprehensive system test plan aligned with project scope/Change request, quality requirements and targets
- Anticipate and resolve any development issues or risks either independently or together with the relevant stakeholders and propose alternative solutions as necessary
- Resolve issues ensuring escalation and communication to stakeholders as necessary
- Lead or contribute to cross-team improvement initiatives relating to methods, tools, people, architecture, project management and governance
- Bachelor's degree in computer science/engineering
- Minimum 10 years of working experience in application development and implementation, particularly in ecommerce, Branch Teller systems, customer eDelivery related projects
- Working experience in application development using Java, .NET, MQ,
- Minimum 5 years of working experience working with LUW platforms; knowledge with LAMP stack is a plus.
- Working experience with Pitney Bowes solutions (eStatement, eDelivery,etc), Branch Teller System solutions.
- Working experience with Channel standin switch(e.g. NCR Authentic Switch) is a plus
- Minimum 3 years' experience in an Application Development Manager role for large/complex projects involving multiple technologies
- Experience in managing vendor project implementations
- Extensive exposure with project SDLC methodology - initiation, planning, tracking, requirement analysis, design, development, testing, implementation on open system (Linux, UNIX systems / Wintel)
- Keep abreast of technology trends in application development
- Strong conceptual and analytical skills - demonstrating outside-the-box problem solving skills. Must be attentive to details.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, team-oriented environment
- A strong and assertive communicator in speaking and writing