VP, Application Manager, Consumer Banking Tech, Technology and Operations
- Permanent, Full time
- DBS Bank Limited
- 19 Feb 18 2018-02-19
See job description for details
Group Technology and Operations (T&O) enables and empowers the bank with an efficient, nimble and resilient infrastructure through a strategic focus on productivity, quality & control, technology, people capability and innovation. In Group T&O, we manage the majority of the Bank's operational processes and inspire to delight our business partners through our multiple banking delivery channels.
- Responsible for application design, enhancements and overall end-to-end functionality. Responsible for overall quality, stability and performance of the system.
- Transform requirements into architecture and blueprint for the solution being created. Conversion that is based on several factors: previous, successful design patterns, reference architectures and enterprise architecture guidance.
- Provide technology perspective to business to help guide roadmap and prioritization by keeping abreast with industry trends. Where required, help business size the complexity of problem, simplify and define MVP.
- Provide technical leadership and guidance to the development team, during the SDLC. Get development teamâ€™s buy-in into accepting the design to be implemented. Provide thought leadership to ensure minimal technical debt and best of breed technology is used.
- Ensure that the solution architecture aligns with the roadmaps established by the enterprise architecture, and that it adheres to the enterprise architecture principles. Act as the bridge between Enterprise / Application Architecture and Delivery.
- Be a consumer and contributor to architecture collateral. The patterns and guidance developed should be reusable in a broader enterprise architecture context.
- Document and manage how multiple applications are poised to work together. Involves defining the interaction between application packages, databases, and middleware systems in terms of functional coverage.
- Generate migration plans for systems which are at the end of the software life cycle or which have inherent technological risks.
- End-to-End Enterprise Architecture understanding, including Enterprise Java Stack (JEE), Rich UI and Front-End technologies e.g. native, Kony, mobile applications (Android and iOS), Middleware technologies e.g. Mulesoft, Tibco, Solace, Mainframe technologies, Databases, Data Warehouses, and Core Banking solutions.
- Good relevant understanding of Enterprise Integration and Messaging Patterns, SOA Governance practices
- Strong communication skills including engaging senior management on strategic plans, leading project steering committees and status updates.
- Experienced in Agile methodology.
- Capable to handle multiple concurrent initiatives.
- Excellent organizational, vendor management, negotiation, and prioritization skills.
- Proactive and able to work under pressure, strong problem-solving skills and positive â€can doâ€ attitude.
We offer a competitive salary and benefits package and the professional advantages of a dynamic environment that supports your development and recognises your achievements.