VP, Application Technical Lead, Cash & Payments
Posting Date: 22-Nov-2020
Location: Alexandra Road, Singapore, SG
Company: United Overseas Bank Limited About UOB
United Overseas Bank Limited (UOB) is a leading bank in Asia with a global network of more than 500 branches and offices in 19 countries and territories in Asia Pacific, Europe and North America. In Asia, we operate through our head office in Singapore and banking subsidiaries in China, Indonesia, Malaysia and Thailand, as well as branches and offices.
Our history spans more than 80 years. Over this time, we have been guided by our values - Honorable, Enterprising, United and Committed. This means we always strive to do what is right, build for the future, work as one team and pursue long-term success. It is how we work, consistently, be it towards the company, our colleagues or our customers. About the Department
The Technology and Operations
function is comprised of five teams of specialists with distinct capabilities: business partnership, technology, operations, risk governance and planning support and services. We work closely together to harness the power of technology to support our physical and digital banking services and operations. This includes developing, centralising and standardising technology systems as well as banking operations in Singapore and overseas branches. Job Responsibilities
The incumbent will be part of the Bank's corporate e-channel platform team responsible for the design, development, system testing and quality of technical deliverables for the platform
- Ensure the vendor deliverables adhere to quality standards. Drive automation efficiencies in driving quality standards through use of automated code scanning, vulnerability assessments and testing
- Drive performance improvement initiatives and reduce time to market through code re-structuring and through DevOps implementation
- Provide technical solutions for strategic initiatives ensuring the solution aligns to the overall enterprise architecture and system architecture standards
- Evaluate current technical architecture and implementation to identify pain points and drive solutions to align to the overall architecture blue print and roadmap
- Work closely with IT Engineering, application owners, Domain/Application Architects, infrastructure services team, to ensure enterprise infrastructure architecture/strategies are aligned with application and business roadmaps
- Serve as technical subject matter expert for Application development and support teams.
- Interact with key stakeholders and project teams to understand the requirements and engineer solutions
- Lay down best practices and enforce adherence to quality standards
- Ensure oversight on technical deliverables and conformance to quality standards
- Analyze existing technical debts and implement solutions to remove technical debts with zero impact to production services
- Deliver code / solution to meet functional and nonfunctional requirements
- Demonstrate strong analytical skills and technical problem solving skills
- Adopt a data-oriented approach to analyzing problem trends, identify root cause and fix it permanently
- Collaborate with L3 and L2 teams on production issues and in resolving key critical production issues. Take lead in bringing the required skill sets to address critical issues troubleshooting
- Minimum Degree in Computer Science / Computer Engineering / Information Systems or equivalent.
- Hands-on experience in core Java and integrating open source libraries.
- Experience in Java 1.8, Oracle 19C with experience implementing new features available in latest versions
- Experience implementing SSO solutions, integration with identity providers and integration of SSO with Hardware Security Modules (HSM)
- Knowledge on encryption keys, HSM integration
- Application performance tuning by optimizing garbage collection and optimizing the setup of Jboss EAP, MQ to support peak performance
- Experience in managing and performing quality assurance on vendor's technical deliverables
- Experience in leading design, usage of design patterns and evaluation of third party products, performing POC's
- A good team player comfortable working with multiple stakeholders
- Keen sense of time to deliver and process-oriented approach to delivery
- Strong analytical skills and technical problem-solving skills
- Good communication and organization skills.
Be a part of UOB Family
- Functional knowledge and prior experience in Banking (preferably Corporate Banking) is a plus
- Experience in automated software testing (TOSCA, selenium)
- DevOps experience - Jenkins, tools and methodologies
- Stay current with the latest trends, evolving technologies, development methodologies and frameworks
- Passion for technology innovation, product design, high energy, can do attitude, strong sense of ownership and desire to succeed
UOB is an equal opportunity employer. UOB does not discriminate on the basis of a candidate's age, race, gender, color, religion, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, or other non-merit factors. All employment decisions at UOB are based on business needs, job requirements and qualifications. If you require any assistance or accommodations to be made for the recruitment process, please inform us when you submit your online application.
Apply now and make a difference.