- Permanent, Full time
- OCBC Bank
VP, Custom Research
VP, Custom ResearchRole title: Vice President, Custom Research
Reports to: Head Of Market Research, Group Customer Experience
- Work as an internal consultant with business partners on strategic and product development initiatives, providing consultant level insights to drive our consumer banking business.
- Scope the key issues to be addressed in market research, design custom research leveraging upon internal data resources and deploying best in class methodologies.
- Design these studies end to end, working with our vendors and other specialists.
- Create powerful synthesis of the findings to drive high impact business decisions.
- Be current with the latest developments in market research, and constantly suggest refinements to current processes and approaches.
- Manage and choose the right vendors to provide the highest value to the organization.
- Establish a strong, respected relationship with stakeholders and develop communication plans to disseminate insights.
- Manage multiple large projects to tight time frames and budgets.
- A thought leader to the organization and a benchmark of quality.
- The researcher is also expected to keep abreast of the competitive environment (especially the key competitors) and incorporate competitive intelligence and industry developments in the analysis
- Manage the research budget to agreed levels with the Dept Head.
- A high degree of professionalism, strong project management skills, excellent problem solving skills and has the ability to synthesize a huge amount of data to derive key insights to drive high impact business decisions.
- Strong market research technical skills are expected, as well as working expertise of a wide range of applications, from brand equity, advertising testing/measurement, segmentation models, usability studies and statistical modeling techniques. And an ability to bring new methodologies to bear in addressing business issues.
- Ability to cover a wide range of business issues ranging from quality improvements, marketing, product development and advertising. The successful candidate needs to be mentally agile,working across all of OCBC's business areas, from consumer banking, private banking, insurance, small business and corporate banking.
- The researcher must have strong inter-personal skills and be the voice of the customer in projects with our stakeholders.
- Flexibility and the ability to work under pressure.