VP Data Analytics Lead - Markets Post Trade Transaction Processing Risk Investigations
The Transaction and Processing Risk (TPR) Investigation Group is a new global team within the Front Office. The group is part of the in-business First Line of defense looking after post trade operational risk. The team is responsible for proactively investigating, developing, and implementing enhancements as well as design frameworks which will enhance post trade processes to ensure they operate within the businesses risk appetite.
The Business Associate is a senior level position responsible for the overall administrative activities of a business. These tasks may include managing external audits, business continuity activities or addressing regulatory issues. The Business Associate may coordinate and manage activities such as the tracking of business financials, employee headcount and other administrative needs as necessary. May manage ad hoc projects as requested. Responsibilities:
- Utilize Citi's risk management tools for the measurement, monitoring and management of exposure including acting within Risk Appetite.
- Build predictive models using various machine learning models
- Act as an investigative function for Transaction & Processing Risk related operational risk events for Markets.
- Identify significant post trade processing risk control gaps arising from operational risk events, control functions, 2nd and 3rd line escalations and Key Performance Indicator trends and lead initiatives to remediate.
- Support a culture of ownership and set "tone from the top" for complying with all applicable regulations, policies and encouraging a culture of continuous process improvement.
- Ensure read-across Markets on thematic enhancement opportunities.
- Support efforts to ensure commitments made to regulators are met.
- Support other pillars within TPR organization to design approach to emerging risks and trends
- 5-7 years previous relevant experience
- Ability to explore data and develop models using applications like: Python, R, Java, C/C++, Unix Shell Script; Qlikiview, Power BI
- Familiar with data collection, aggregation, and presentation tools
- Ability to translate regulatory requirements (new and changes to existing regulations) into actionable projects.
- Proven ability to enable change and drive product initiatives, bringing urgency and proactivity to issue management.
- Excellent organizational skills, ability to multitask and adapt to change
- Able to work collaboratively with people at all levels of the organization across multiple geographies
- Proven ability to investigate, analyze and present root causes a
- Clear and concise written and verbal communication skills
- Proficient in MS Office applications (Excel, Word, PowerPoint)
- Demonstrated working knowledge of financial services industry
- Consistently demonstrates clear and concise written and verbal communication skills
- Bachelor's Degree/University degree in Science and or Computing or equivalent experience
- Master's degree preferred
This job description provides a high-level review of the types of work performed. Other job-related duties may be assigned as required. Job Family Group:
Business Strategy, Management & Administration Job Family:
Business Administration Time Type:
Citi is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
Citigroup Inc. and its subsidiaries ("Citi") invite all qualified interested applicants to apply for career opportunities. If you are a person with a disability and need a reasonable accommodation to use our search tools and/or apply for a career opportunity review Accessibility at Citi
View the " EEO is the Law
" poster. View the EEO is the Law Supplement
View the EEO Policy Statement
View the Pay Transparency Posting