VP (Data Strategy & Governance, Data Quality - Internal Audit & Ops Risk) - perm in Banking
- Competitive SGD
- Singapore Singapore Singapore SG
- Permanent, Full time
- David & Goliath ( Singapore ) Pte Ltd
- 21 Sep 18 2018-09-21
Are you an exceptional with Data Strategy & Governance, Data Quality with exposure working with Internal Audit & Ops Risk? This is an opportunity to work with a variety of specialists from the corporate and investment teams as well as across diverse datasets from the investment domain. If so, this could be the career opportunity for you !!
VP (Data Strategy & Governance, Data Quality - Internal Audit & Ops Risk) - perm in Banking:
We are looking for an individual contributor to join the Data Strategy & Governance unit as part of the Data Governance & Management team within Technology Group to play a part in shaping the Firm’s strategic, long-term vision of establishing itself as a data-drive
- Actively contribute in terms of best practices, thought leadership and ideas to the Data Strategy & Governance unit. Key player in terms of executing enterprise-wide data governance tasks.
- Raise awareness about data governance best practices, such as designing and implementing effective data quality controls or accurately documenting data meanings and usage contexts or cultivating a data ownership mind set, by working collaboratively with data owners and stewards across the organisation.
- Institute in place an organisation-wide discipline to track, monitor and resolve data governance and quality errors that affect overall data accuracy or operational efficiency. Work actively with 2nd and 3rd lines of defence (Operational Risk Management and Internal Audit respectively).
- Design and develop data glossaries, data lineage, data quality profiles, rules and scorecards in line with business requirements for different groups of data owners and stewards. Collaborate with colleagues in technology group for technical designing and solutioning.
- Develop and enhance data governance artefacts around policies, standards and operating processes, keeping a balance between industry best practices and practical use.
- Design and conduct training programs to promote and sustain a culture of data governance awareness and related responsibilities across the organisation.
- Research on data governance technologies such as glossaries, catalogues, data lineage products and data quality tools and present independent comparative assessments.
- Assist in preparing ad-hoc reports and progress updates to the Senior Management workgroups on data governance matters.
In return for this excellent career opportunity, we ask that you have the following:
- Bachelor degree or equivalent in Computer Science, Data Science or Engineering degree
- Relevant Data governance and management, preferably in financial services or banking industries.
- Experience in data analysis, including inspection, cleansing, understanding and transforming data.
- Familiar in working with SQL, databases, data structures and data modelling concepts.
- Strong inter-personal and people leadership skills to interact with diverse stakeholders.
- Enjoys working in a cross functional team, a team player and keen to explore new innovative ways of work.
If this speaks to you and you are ready for a new challenge, please send your Resume in MS word format to email@example.com
Even if you are not interested, you can still park your CV with us for other Banking IT positions or forward this Advertisement to your counterparts with the relevant Banking IT experiences I am looking for.
We Seek to:
- Understand your personal circumstances, needs and ideals
- Present your credentials to our clients only with your permission
- Strategize and consult with you
Your application will be kept with the strictest of confidence.
EA License Number: 18S9167
Registration ID: R1114115