VP, Database Administration, Shared Infrastructure Services
United Overseas Bank Limited (UOB) is a leading bank in Asia with a global network of more than 500 branches and offices in 19 countries and territories in Asia Pacific, Europe and North America. In Asia, we operate through our head office in Singapore and banking subsidiaries in China, Indonesia, Malaysia and Thailand, as well as branches and offices.
Our history spans more than 80 years. Over this time, we have been guided by our values - Honorable, Enterprising, United and Committed. This means we always strive to do what is right, build for the future, work as one team and pursue long-term success. It is how we work, consistently, be it towards the company, our colleagues or our customers. About the Department
The Technology and Operations
function is comprised of five teams of specialists with distinct capabilities: business partnership, technology, operations, risk governance and planning support and services. We work closely together to harness the power of technology to support our physical and digital banking services and operations. This includes developing, centralising and standardising technology systems as well as banking operations in Singapore and overseas branches. Job Responsibilities
- Institutional in database design, architecture and Data Modeling
- Provide guidance and standards to optimized and structured SQL codes
- Establish database performance baselines
- Expert in debugging and optimizing complex SQL query
- Experience in supporting application development lifecycle by building an effective, usable database environment and also maintaining the proper database structures required by the applications.
- Skilled in the process of data modeling and normalization to ensure that databases are designed to promote data integrity.
- Working with the application development team to ensure that appropriate and efficient SQL is being coded and tested
- Work with the application team to create and maintain effective database-coupled application logic - stored procedures, triggers, and user-defined functions (UDFs).
- Help to build, test, and maintain stored procedures, triggers, and UDFs
Be a part of UOB Family
- Bachelor degree from a recognized university
- Experience in any of the following database technology is required
- Experience in any of the following would be an advantage.
- Knowledge in other Oracle software skills such as OBIEE , Weblogic and other Middleware software will be added advantage
- Strong scripting skill in writing and debugging complex SQL with relevant Database certification will be a plus
- Candidate should have at least 8 years of Application DBA experience
- Working experience in the financial services industry will be an added advantage.
- Candidate should possess leadership qualities, good interpersonal skills, with ability to work on multiple projects at the same time with tight dateline
Apply now and make a difference.