VP, Head of Asia Investment Operations
We are PIMCO, a leading global asset management firm. We manage investments and develop solutions across the full spectrum of asset classes, strategies and vehicles: fixed income, equities, commodities, asset allocation, ETFs, hedge funds and private equity. PIMCO is one of the largest investment managers, actively managing more than $1.91 trillion in assets for clients around the world. PIMCO has over 2,800 employees in 17 offices globally. PIMCO is recognized as an innovator, industry thought leader and trusted advisor to our clients.
PIMCO is one of the world's premier fixed income investment managers with thousands of professionals around the world united in a single purpose: creating opportunities for our clients in every environment. Since 1971, we have brought innovation and expertise to our partnership with the institutions, financial advisors and millions of individual investors who entrust us with their assets. We aspire to cultivate performance and leadership through empowering our people, diversity of thought, and a commitment to an inclusive culture that engages in our global communities. Position Description:
The Candidate will be responsible for managing 2 teams supporting operations for APAC trade floors (Singapore, Hong Kong, Tokyo, Sydney). The position involves daily interaction with Portfolio Managers/Traders, Trade & Regulatory Compliance, Legal, Back Office Operations (Outsourced vendor), Custodian Banks and Brokers.
The role requires direct interfacing with Global offices colleagues in different group/teams thus need to be flexible in working hours (interacting with US and Europe counterparts). Flex working policy is available.
The role also involves the compilation of statistical metrics for Senior Management, the onboarding of new brokers/new markets and oversight of critical activity within the EM (fixed income and equity) portfolios.
The successful candidate will demonstrate good judgment, strict attention to detail, an ability to manage multiple tasks and work well in a dynamic group.
The sucessful incumbent will:
- Work with major stakeholders (Trade floor, L&C, Technology) to manage all trade floor related items in the region.
- Manage 2 teams - (7persons by 2 direct report team managers ) in Asia Middle Office (Trade confirmations) and Asia Investment Ops (cash/liquidity management, collateral margining and coordination of portfolio transition events, custodian bank/broker oversight, and claims management.)
- Manage external vendor oversight
Other Adhoc responsibilities include:
- Support manager in completing any assignment related to day-to-day requests from Operations, Portfolio, or Account management teams
- Assist manager in servicing clients operational queries and requests
- Participate in client and due diligence meetings
- Provide support on regional/global industry initiatives
- Build strong, cohesive relationships with brokers, custodians and back office operations to enhance process efficiencies, productivity, and controls
- People management experience & Project management experience.
- Strong interpersonal and leadership skills - ability to network with various departmental personnel and outside parties.
- Be ready to roll up own sleeves and lead by example as playing manager on the ground.
- Communicate strategically and effectively with all levels of staff and management.
- 4 year university degree in finance, accounting, or economics preferred. Graduate studies a plus.
- 10 or more years' experience in the financial service industry.
- EM Asia Market experience and knowledge preferred.
- Product knowledge in processing and settlement of various financial products (fixed income, forex, equities and derivatives), Familiarity with ISDA, GMRA, and MSFTA documentation preferred
- Excellent written and verbal English communication skills.
- Experience with MS computer applications, proficiency in Visio and Add-In applications, such as Infocube /business objects are a plus;
- Bloomberg trade order management systems and matching utilities preferred.
- Self-motivated, problem solver, detail oriented, resourceful, with the ability to think strategically on how to create business led solutions.
- Mentor junior members of the team providing coaching & training.
- Ability to work effectively with local and global teams.
- Thrive in a fast paced environment.
- Take leadership role in key projects and issue resolution.