VP, Industry Coverage Banker - Automotive
Corporate and Investment Banking provides corporate customers with a full range of commercial banking products and services, including cash management services, current accounts, time deposits, trade finance, working capital finance, term loans and foreign exchange. Through our continued commitment, DBS has cultivated long-standing relationships with its customers in the region that are based on account relationship management, service differentiation, product development and rigorous credit standards. Responsibilities
- The role is for an automotive industry coverage banker for Japan and ASEAN region and involves coverage of companies headquartered in these markets on a global basis
- Support in developing key regional / country plans for Japan and ASEAN markets
- Work closely with global & regional RMs and product partners to: Develop account plans for identified Direct & Joint Coverage (DC & JC) accounts
- Deepen and broaden DC & JC relationships through cross border and structured solutions engagements across syndicated loans, Debt Capital Market, Global Transaction Services, Treasury & Markets and M&A. This will include preparing pitch books, term sheets, structured regional solutions for broader client engagement.
- For DC cases, the role also involves preparing group credit reviews and for JC cases, supporting the in-country RMs on their credit submissions including preparation of industry concurrence paper
- Supervise/prepare financial models with P&L, balance sheet and cash-flow projections based on sound business and market assumptions on key transactions
- Support in conceptualising & putting in place enabling framework to support franchise growth in key countries
- Overall portfolio management of the markets under coverage as per guided target market and risk management principles
- Degree holder in Finance, Economics or related discipline
- The individual should have at least 6 years of corporate banking experience.
- Good knowledge and experience in Automotive industry
- Strong skill with experience in managing team in origination and execution
- Results-oriented and strong business connections in identifying and developing business opportunities. Track record and experience in this aspect will be an advantag e
- Develop business strategies and maintain discipline in planning of daily activities to conform to long-term vision and direction of the team
- Strong credit and financial analytical skills, experience in industry research
- Prior experience as banker in covering Japan and / or fluency in Japanese are added advantage as the incumbent has to communicate and interact with Japanese clients in Japan.
We offer a competitive salary and benefits package and the professional advantages of a dynamic environment that supports your development and recognises your achievements.