VP, Java Backend Engineer (GAPI), Group Consumer Banking and Big Data Analytics Technology, Technology and Operations
Group Technology and Operations (T&O) enables and empowers the bank with an efficient, nimble and resilient infrastructure through a strategic focus on productivity, quality & control, technology, people capability and innovation. In Group T&O, we manage the majority of the Bank's operational processes and inspire to delight our business partners through our multiple banking delivery channels.
The DBS Consumer Banking Group is looking for a mid-level hands-on software engineer
to join the team.
In this role, you will be responsible for working within a larger team to continue building out a set of framework components and utilities to support the larger Global API initiative currently in progress.
In order to do this, you will need to participate in discussions, stand ups, programming sprints, and level 2/3 support. The work will be completed using a DevOps approach, which means you are responsible for your code from conception to production (including requirements, design, development, testing, and ultimately supporting it in the real world). You will be required to solve real business problems via market-leading, innovative, and practical solutions.
You will need to possess excellent hands-on technical skills in Java along with a holistic approach to problem-solving and an advanced level of communication skills. Requirements
- Excellent Java (Springboot) programming skills
- Solid grasp of how to build and consume APIs
- REST is a must
- RPC is useful
- Experience with messaging stacks
- Kafka or similar event streaming technology is highly desirable
- MQ / JMS is desirable
- Experience with databases
- RDBMS is a must
- No-SQL is highly desirable
- Distributed RDBMS is desirable
- Good understanding of full-stack deployments
- Experience with Pivotal Cloud Foundry is highly desirable
- A solid understanding of modern methodologies such as agile development / DevOps and related trends like Test Driven Development and CI/CD
- Excellent teamwork, problem-solving, and documentation skills
- Inquisitive nature and demonstrated experience communicating value, progress, metrics, and methods to an audience of technical and non-technical stakeholders
We offer a competitive salary and benefits package and the professional advantages of a dynamic environment that supports your development and recognises your achievements.