VP, Principal Engineer (Consumer Digital Web Portfolio), Consumer Banking Tech, Technology and Operations
- Permanent, Full time
- DBS Bank Limited
- 23 Oct 17 2017-10-23
See job description for details
Group Technology and Operations (T&O) enables and empowers the bank with an efficient, nimble and resilient infrastructure through a strategic focus on productivity, quality & control, technology, people capability and innovation. In Group T&O, we manage the majority of the Bank's operational processes and inspire to delight our business partners through our multiple banking delivery channels.
In Scope Platform
Public Website (PWeb), Customer Communication Management (CCM), Mobile App Portfolio & Akamai
- The function of PWEB Platform is to provide brochureware, products and promotions for DBS customers and public users. This platform focuses on Digital onboarding for New to bank(NTB) customers and provide content as services for various eBusiness and Payment Applications & digital channels at enterprise level across multiple regions.
- The function of CCM platform is to provide delivery channel for SMS/Email and push notification
- There are various apps used in DBS for example Paylah, Omni etc. which provide mobile based solution to customers
- Akamai provides caching & security layer for internet facing applications in DBS
- Responsible to deliver End to End solutions for PWeb, CCM, Mobile App & Akamai across various technology teams, efforts sizing and Technical design specifications for Business & Tech
- Familiar with Banking domain, with good knowledge in customer onboarding via Account Opening, applying Loan, Remittance etc. across countries for various channels like Web, Mobile, Branch etc.
- Align to architecture principles and standards & make sure the deliverables and solutions adhere to organization design principles.
- Survey market landscape for solution/application insights, direction, vendors, and methods
- Lead / participate in product selection process and fit gap analysis & drive Proof of Concepts (POCs) to assess new solution/application paths
- Collaborates with Project Managers and technical staff to provision estimates, develop overall implementation solution/application plan, and serve as a lead as required, to implement the installation, customization, and integration efforts across multiple teams
- Manage the delivery for PWeb, CCM Mobile App & Akamai across enterprise with strong focus on Digital Platform (Internet Banking, Mobile Banking and Web platforms)
- Establish plan and manage the migration from an in-house infrastructure to the cloud based platform (AWS/VPC/OpenShift)
- Liaise with Business on initiatives, from conceptualization to implementation. This is to lead and drive multiple projects in the CBG/IBG Channels area, especially in the regional deployment of the PWeb, CCM Mobile App & Akamai
- Ensure the code quality by implementing the programming guidelines and review tools & Train the team members on the application framework, components, interfaces and features
- Provide strong governance controls over the technology environment, in accordance with established standards and procedures. Instill strong engineering discipline in the team
- 10+ years of relevant technical experience including expertise in Enterprise architecture, as well as business solutions deployment with an emphasis on Web, Content management system & mobile app
- Minimum 6 years of related work experience in Banking domain with in-depth knowledge of customer onboarding via Account Opening, applying Loan, Remittance etc. across countries for various channels e.g. Web, Mobile, Branch etc.
- Minimum 5 years of working knowledge in any of the Search Engines like GSA, Solr, Elastic Search etc.
- Strong experience in all aspects of technology e.g. Spring, Hibernate, Struts and UI frameworks namely ReactJS, Unix, Jboss, MariaDB
- Good knowledge on mobile development like Objective C, Swift, XCode, React Native etc.
- Good understanding of infrastructure components e.g. webservers, appservers, plugins, connection pooling, SLB, firewalls etc.
- Experience on REST API services, MQ connectivity flow, SSH & Connect Direct, Encryption algorithms (RSA,3DES) will be desirable
- Certification in Java, J2EE, ITIL is an added advantage
- Strong business engagement and management of senior stakeholders.
- Experience in developing and presenting solutions as well as design to the Design Review Boards.
- Experience on Waterfall and Agile Development Methodologies, Software Configuration mgmt., Quality Control Mgmt., Version Control mgmt. will be desirable
We offer a competitive salary and benefits package and the professional advantages of a dynamic environment that supports your development and recognises your achievements.