VP, Program Manager (Digital Channels), Consumer Banking Tech, Technology and Operations
- Permanent, Full time
- DBS Bank Limited
- 16 Dec 17 2017-12-16
See job description for details
Group Technology and Operations (T&O) enables and empowers the bank with an efficient, nimble and resilient infrastructure through a strategic focus on productivity, quality & control, technology, people capability and innovation. In Group T&O, we manage the majority of the Bank's operational processes and inspire to delight our business partners through our multiple banking delivery channels.
- Program Manager will be accountable for successful delivery of a program that will comprise of multiple related projects in multiple markets. He will be accountable to meet time, cost and quality objectives. He she will need to lead a team of project managers.
- He / She will be the key contact point for business stakeholders and will need to present regularly in the steering committee. He will need to interact with senior management on both business and technology side. He / she will have to ensure that right processes are put in place. He / She will need to spend time to coach and mentor the project managers. He should be self driven, take initiatives without being asked and should need no monitoring.
- He / She will be work in a matrix organization structure where only project managers will report to him /her.
- Must have excellent communication skills
- Must have high EQ and the ability to deal with diverse personalities and stakeholders
- Must have played the role of program manager for at least 4 years and should have led a team of project managers.
- Must have worked as program manager in internet / mobile banking front end for financial institutions.
- Must understand open systems technology, should be able to grasp the architecture and should be technically savvy enough to understand the technical risks / challenges and issues of the project.
- Must understand project and program management discipline in depth and should have the right leadership skills to lead and mentor a few project managers.
- Should be able to build credibility and trust with senior stakeholders.
- Should be able to thing strategically and should be able to foresee what can go wrong and should be proactive enough to address risks before they go wrong.
- Should be able to provide references on request.
- Should have managed IT budgets, should have good understanding of financial concepts.
- Must have had hands on technology experience for at least 8 years.
Desirable Skills and Attributes
- PMP certification is highly desirable.
- Experience of working in diverse geographies is desirable
- Should be able to thing laterally to solve and anticipate problems
- Experience of working in a bank is highly desirable.
We offer a competitive salary and benefits package and the professional advantages of a dynamic environment that supports your development and recognises your achievements.