VP, RMG Data Governance Specialist with Unit COO support, Risk Management Group
Business Function Risk Management Group works closely with our business partners to manage the bank's risk exposure by balancing its objective to maximise returns against an acceptable risk profile. We partner with origination teams to provide financing, investments and hedging opportunities to our customers. To manage risk effectively and run a successful business, we invest significantly in our people and infrastructure. As a RMG Data Governance Specialist who will support the data management practice of Risk Management Group, which is to execute the 4 pillars of the DBS Data Governance Model: Data Ownership, Data Discoverability, Data Quality and Data Access. And also taking lead roles in some Data Management related exercises (e.g. DDOM, BCBS239 annual review, ADA Data Ingestion projects). Responsibilities Data Governance
READ Unit COO
- Support DataFirst initiatives on Bank-wide governance according to expectation.
- Work with RMG Data Champions to ensure the pillars of Bank's Data Management Policy and Standards on the 4 pillars are satisfactorily executed in RMG.
- Attend the monthly Data Governance Committee (DGC) and disseminate information to RMG Data Champions for follow up if applicable.
- Ensure issues in the RMG Data Quality Log are properly followed up, status reported and resolved within expected timelines.
- Ensure Critical Data Attributes have Date Quality monitoring in place.
- Ensure RMG owned data has complete and proper business metadata in place
- Ensure RMG data has identified owners.
- Ensure Data users to have proper data access timely.
- Ensure annual review of BCBS239 reports are properly faciliated among RMG units and overseas locations, and information are kept up to date in the metadata documentation system.
- Support DDOM exercises in RMG units
- Work with Risk Platform Leads and Tribe Leads to ensure Risk Platform's performance scores at year end meet targets.
- Ensure READ Unit Financials are tracked properly with actual expenses and headcount stay within budget.
- Support RMG-wide exercise and to achieve within targets.
- Organize Risk Platform Quarterly Governance meeting and maintain oversight of platform finanicals as work manager
- Ensure READ annual scorecard aligns with RMG overall KPIs and coordinate the progress tracking
- Ensure headcounts and financials are tracked monthly with timely highlight to Unit Head and Team Leads
- Ensure annual budgetting exercise and monthly accural/GLAO are accurate and timely according to Finance standard
- Organization of staff communication events and email broadcasts
- Ensure timely support for RMG-wide exercises
- In-line coordinator of Risk Platform and as a work manager of Gene
- Unit scorecard performance tracking and annual preparation
- Tracking of headcounts and financials, including yearly budget exercise, monthly accruals submission and GLAO
- Staff communications (including organizing Unit townhall events)
- Work with READ Unit BCM and Ops Risk coordinators on respective exercises
- Liaison with RMG-COO on departmental-wide exercises
Apply Now We offer a competitive salary and benefits package and the professional advantages of a dynamic environment that supports your development and recognises your achievements.
- Master level of Knowledge of Data Management
- Moderate level of Project management experience, Business knowledge of Bank's process and systems, MS Excel and Sharepoint Application
- Basic level of SQL query script, Experience with COO work
- Ability to work as a team, contributes positively and constructively towards achieving the vision of the department
- Work with RMG-COO, RMG units and Technology teams
- Report to Data Steward and READ Unit Head