VP, Regional Major Incident Management, Group Infrastructure & Platform Services
Posting Date: 15-Sep-2020
Location: Alexandra, Singapore, SG
Company: United Overseas Bank Limited About UOB
United Overseas Bank Limited (UOB) is a leading bank in Asia with a global network of more than 500 branches and offices in 19 countries and territories in Asia Pacific, Europe and North America. In Asia, we operate through our head office in Singapore and banking subsidiaries in China, Indonesia, Malaysia and Thailand, as well as branches and offices.
Our history spans more than 80 years. Over this time, we have been guided by our values - Honorable, Enterprising, United and Committed. This means we always strive to do what is right, build for the future, work as one team and pursue long-term success. It is how we work, consistently, be it towards the company, our colleagues or our customers. About the Department
The Technology and Operations
function is comprised of five teams of specialists with distinct capabilities: business partnership, technology, operations, risk governance and planning support and services. We work closely together to harness the power of technology to support our physical and digital banking services and operations. This includes developing, centralising and standardising technology systems as well as banking operations in Singapore and overseas branches. Job Responsibilities
- Manages technology incidents impacting UOB group businesses.
- Work with relevant business & technology group/units to comply with the Incident and Problem Management processes and procedures, to facilitate and improve incident recognition, logging, assignment, tracking, status notification, escalation, documentation and management reporting in full compliance with UOB standards on Incident and Problem Management functions.
- Participation in all incident resolution calls to facilitate incident determination, recovery and resolution.
- Timely incident recognition, logging, assignment and resolution (or bypass / temporary resolution where permanent resolution within the allotted timeframe is not feasible) with proper documentation.
- Incident progression co-ordination and monitoring of Incidents and potential areas through symptoms, trends or deviations from standards.
- Escalation of critical and unresolved Incidents to appropriate levels of management.
- Management reporting.
- Use tools for effective and accurate incident reporting and assignment by using tools, which are customized and implemented, where applicable. Work towards effective use of these automated solutions with other tools and procedures within command center/ datacenter, in order to garner and present an accurate picture of the incident situation, minimize adverse change impact, and facilitate the incident recognition and resolution process. Work in co-operation with other Technology & Operations/Shared Infrastructure Services functions to help maintain an acceptable audit rating.
- Participate in the standard Post-mortem (Root cause analysis) process to ensure no repeat of any technology incidents with known root cause.
- Monitoring of major incident tickets in incident ticketing systems to ensure all tickets are acted upon by various resolver teams.
- Ensure compliance to Technology & Operations/Shared Infrastructure Services Policies and Standards.
Be a part of UOB Family
- Education and Training: Bachelor's degree in Business, Computer Science, or related discipline required.
- ITIL certification is a must
- Experience: 10-15 years managing complex IT initiatives in a matrix environment or Operational Line Managers experience is preferred. Technical expertise on one or more of the following disciplines is required: Open Systems, Mainframe, Storage, Network Web/Application/Middleware services, Problem/Incident Management, or Application Development.
- Specialized Knowledge, broad technical knowledge base requirements: Familiarity with the following technologies: VMs, UNIX, Windows, storage environments (Tape, SAN, NAS), network solutions (LAN, WAN, 3rd party connections, dedicated circuits), web/application/middleware services, and banking applications
- Good written and oral communication skills.
UOB is an equal opportunity employer. UOB does not discriminate on the basis of a candidate's age, race, gender, color, religion, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, or other non-merit factors. All employment decisions at UOB are based on business needs, job requirements and qualifications. If you require any assistance or accommodations to be made for the recruitment process, please inform us when you submit your online application.
Apply now and make a difference.