- Permanent, Full time
- OCBC Bank
VP, Sanctions Compliance Officer, Sanctions Team, Group Anti-Money Laundering
VP, Sanctions Compliance Officer, Sanctions Team, Group Anti-Money LaunderingRoles & Responsibilities
- Provide functional guidance as the deputy to the Team Head, Group Sanctions for the establishment of a strong sanctions compliance framework and culture within the Group.
- Keep abreast of and analyse risk impact of various jurisdictional sanctions laws and regulations developments that are material to the Group's operations, and disseminate relevant updates on such developments.
- Formulate the relevant jurisdictional sanctions laws and regulations especially the US Treasury Sanctions regulations to OCBC's Sanctions Policy requirements
- Advise relevant businesses on the impact of the incremental requirements and assist to identify and map the Group's exposure arising from existing customers deals
- Identify, recommend mitigating measures and work closely with Business impacted by the incremental sanctions risk; seeking management's approval on risk acceptance, where relevant
- Provide guidance on complex sanctions compliance advisory to Business & Operations Units, in-line with applicable sanctions policies and procedures, on sanctions risk issues at account/relationship and transactional levels to ensure prompt and clear advice is provided to relevant stakeholders on sanctions matters.
- Review submissions to senior management committees on sanctions risk case escalations.
- Develop Sanctions training programs and to conduct training to management and staff.
- Ad hoc duties as assigned.
- Team Head, Group Sanctions, Group Anti-Money Laundering Compliance
- A university degree in Accounting/Commerce/Economics/Finance, Banking, Engineering or Law or related discipline with at least 7 years post-qualification experience in compliance and anti-money laundering/counter terrorism financing compliance ("AML") with established financial institutions.
- Relevant AML/Sanctions experience in a regional / head office role.
- Broad knowledge of business, operations and the AML/CFT regulatory framework in which bank groups operate.
- Broad knowledge of the trade finance business and products, cash management services, transaction filtering and the ML/TF/Sanctions risks relating to bank business and operations.
- Familiar with international sanctions regulations from the United Nations, MAS, US, European Union.
- Strong analytical skills and clear thought process.
- Strong communication (including written) and interpersonal skills.
- Leadership qualities and experience in managing a team preferred.