VP, Senior Advisor for AML/CFT Advisory Team, Group Anti-Money Laundering Compliance
Reporting to : Head, Singapore GCB AML Advisory, Group Legal and Regulatory Compliance Qualifications
- Review Customer Due Diligence assessments from business units for ML/TF & sanctions risks; focus on corporate business.
- Provide sound regulatory advice and facilitate with AML projects.
- Provide AML/CFT advisory to the Corporate Business units and be a subject matter expert on the interpretation of policies, procedures and regulations in relations to AM, KYC and CDD
- Assist in reporting of relevant CDD and AML/CFT risk information to stakeholders.
- Identify compliance issues that require follow up or investigation and discuss emerging compliance issues with Corporate Business Units Keep up-to-date with AML/CFT and sanctions laws, regulations and developments.
- Interact with Business Units for the implementation of procedures; execute oversight function to monitor
- Any other duties/assignments that are assigned by the line manager
- A university degree in Accounting/Commerce/Finance, Banking or Law or related discipline with at least 10 years' experience in financial services industry and in anti-money laundering compliance (including minimum 5 years' experience of direct anti-money laundering compliance in either private, retail, wholesale banking or securities firms)
- Broad knowledge of business, operations of the financial industry and familiar with AML/CFT regulatory requirement impacting banks Singapore and regional regulatory reforms.
- Strong analytical and clear thought process abilities.
- Good written and oral communication skills.
- Self-driven with high level of initiative and follow-through skills.
- Able to work independently as well as in a team.
- Ability to engage senior management & staff.
- Previous working experience with a regulator will be an advantage.
- Certified as an AML specialist with a recognised institution/association (e.g. ACAMS or ICA) will be a plus, but is not mandatory