VP, Senior Data Scientist, CBG Business Analytics, Consumer Banking Group
As the leading bank in Asia, DBS Consumer Banking Group is in a unique position to help our customers realise their dreams and ambitions. As a market leader in the consumer banking business, DBS has a full spectrum of products and services, including deposits, investments, insurance, mortgages, credit cards and personal loans, to help our customers realise their dreams and aspirations at every life stage. Our financial solutions are not only the best in the business - they were made just right for you.
Who We Are
The Consumer Banking Group Data management team drives the implementation of machine learning solutions to enable key business priorities across our six key markets.
We develop large scale machine learning solutions to be deployed into production to drive customer experience, enable product sales and engagement. We want to push the boundary on data and AI and create meaningful solutions that can help and assist our customers and differentiate DBS from the competition. Responsibilities
The Senior Data Scientist will be responsible for the following:
- Develop and drive the strategy on building, testing and deploying machine learning and AI solutions
- Drive development of the data agenda for the consumer banking - Including identifying areas of significant impact (PnL, Customer Experience) and working with respective product and customer management heads to curate use cases.
- Establish and use standards and practice on testing and production deployment of machine learning and AI products
- Develop governance and explainability framework for ML/AI solution review and monitoring
- Build machine learning solutions to enable business value creation
- Strong track record of deploying machine learning solution into production environment and integrate into operations
- Proven capability in identifying and solving issues when putting models into production - load balancing, distribution, through-put, latency, availability, stability, refactoring, repackaging, versioning, scoring, real time / online scoring, performance monitoring and management,
- Hands on experience with open source stack data such as Hadoop, Spark, YARN, Mesos, Hive, Impala, Spark Streaming, Kafka, API, Anaconda / R studio server, Kubernetes,
- Familiar with development, deployment, production and operation life cycle of the machine learning product and software best practices such as SDLC, CICD, Test-Driven Development (TDD)
- Excellent problem-solving skills and strategic thinker
- Hands on experience with Python, R, Spark, Java and Scala
- Good interpersonal skill and able to influence the decision making with senior business managers
- Solid written and communication skills
DBS is a leading financial services group in Asia, with over 200 branches across 15 markets. Headquartered and listed in Singapore, DBS is a market leader in Singapore with over four million customers and also has a growing presence in the three key Asian axes of growth, namely, Greater China, Southeast Asia and South Asia. The bank's strong capital position, as well as "AA-" and "Aa1" credit ratings that are among the highest in the Asia-Pacific region, earned it Global Finance's "Safest Bank in Asia" accolade for three consecutive years, in 2009, 2010 and 2011.
Why Join Us?
DBS: Large, strong and growing
DBS is the largest bank in South East Asia and one of the strongest in the world. Coupled with a growing footprint in the three key axes of growth, namely Southeast Asia, South Asia and Greater China, DBS is uniquely positioned to capture numerous opportunities in the region.
For five consecutive years since 2009, Global Finance named DBS the "Safest bank in Asia", with credit ratings of "AA-" and "Aa1", among the highest in the Asia-Pacific region. With a resilient balance sheet and prudent financial management, it stands out as one of the few banks with the strength and confidence to grow both its revenues and its employees in an industry facing considerable uncertainty.
Team / Exposure
Analytics is a key focus area for the CEO. The BA leadership works very closely with top management to realize the analytics agenda for the bank. The role will work alongside BA leadership, making regular presenting to senior management including C-level executives, thereby getting considerable exposure to the consumer bank leadership across the region Career growth
Given the rapidly growing importance of analytics in the industry and the sharp focus of DBS top management, strong performance in this role, demonstrating in-depth understanding and strong execution skills will set the incumbent on a trajectory to senior roles within the consumer banking group whether in analytics or in the business. DBS is confident that it will be able to provide a good performer with many opportunities to grow and develop as result of the strong internal mobility options and the bank's commitment to people development.
Apply Now We offer a competitive salary and benefits package and the professional advantages of a dynamic environment that supports your development and recognises your achievements.