VP, Senior Platform Engineer
- Permanent, Full time
- Morgan McKinley Singapore
- 21 Jan 19
VP, Senior Platform Engineer
Position: VP, Senior Platform Engineer
The client is a leading global long-term investment firm. With their state-of-the-art information
technologies, they aim to provide users with empowering and transformational capabilities, and
to create an inclusive, innovative and integrated work environment. They are looking for a VP,
Senior Platform Engineer to join the dynamic team.
This role focused on the development of platform, self-service tools and automated processes,
enables developers to continuously integrate and deploy code in line with principles of CI/CD
An experienced technical leader who is strategically incline to research, develop and drive
adoption under the common tools and cloud adoption initiative. You will have opportunities to
span enterprise structures and influence our senior management.
- Architect highly available and scalable Enterprise solutions.
- Research and evaluate new technologies.
- Work on Amazon Web Services/Azure/GCP cloud solutions, architecture, related technologies and their interdependencies
- Define enterprise tools strategy and working with peers and colleagues drive alignment & adoption.
- Develop modern engineering operations duties, including providing the necessary tools and infrastructure to support high performance development and QA teams
- Provide a Platform-as-a-Service to development teams to promote development efficiency and reducing delivery risk
- Improve performance, scalability, and usability of our application platforms.
- Provide mentoring and coaching support to develop the talents of the existing team.
- Drive quality solutions and outcomes through a continuous improvement mindset.
- Collaborate with rest of team to research, design, develop, and implement automation release features and enhancements
- Bachelor's Degree in Information Technology, Computer Engineering or equivalent.
- With minimum 10 years' software engineering experience, inclusive of minimum 3 years' in IT automation and implementation.
- 4 years' experience in designing, building and managing large scale application platform in Azure and/or AWS.
- Keeps a good record in producing structured, high performing and scalable codes.
- Excellent understanding of software development best practices including SDLC,
- Software Configuration and Change Management, Agile, Scrum, Kanban.
- Expert knowledge in CI/CD concepts and tool chain development
- Expert-level understanding and abilities with technologies/languages like Groovy,
- Extensive experience using tools and frameworks such as Jenkins, Packer, Gradle,
- SonarQube, Apache, Nginx, JMeter, Sauce Labs, Docker, Maven, Node.js, MySQL, MongoDB, Redis
- Comfortable using the Atlassian suite to track tasks and code (JIRA/Confluence)
- Excellent written and interpersonal communication skills
- Someone who is autonomous and can learn our environments, configurations, and systems quickly
- Ability to influence, guide, and reinforce the adoption of standards and processes across the development teams
Interested candidates to send in their resume to Jolin Cheong at email@example.com
Registration No. R1879202
EA Licence No. 11C5502