VP, Service Incubation, Group Infrastructure & Platform Services
Posting Date: 31-Oct-2020
Location: Alexandra, Singapore, SG
Company: United Overseas Bank Limited About UOB
United Overseas Bank Limited (UOB) is a leading bank in Asia with a global network of more than 500 branches and offices in 19 countries and territories in Asia Pacific, Europe and North America. In Asia, we operate through our head office in Singapore and banking subsidiaries in China, Indonesia, Malaysia and Thailand, as well as branches and offices.
Our history spans more than 80 years. Over this time, we have been guided by our values - Honorable, Enterprising, United and Committed. This means we always strive to do what is right, build for the future, work as one team and pursue long-term success. It is how we work, consistently, be it towards the company, our colleagues or our customers. About the Department
The Technology and Operations
function is comprised of five teams of specialists with distinct capabilities: business partnership, technology, operations, risk governance and planning support and services. We work closely together to harness the power of technology to support our physical and digital banking services and operations. This includes developing, centralising and standardising technology systems as well as banking operations in Singapore and overseas branches. Job Responsibilities
- Identify, assess and recommend IT infrastructure and platform technologies that are key enablers for achieving business objectives. Ensure technology selection alignment with overall Business and IT strategy
- Drive end to end new technology adoption initiative from idea to value realization
- Serve as chief technologist to take ownership of the overall the technology architectural design and adoption roadmap. Advise management on the right balance among technical ideals, realistic executable path and overall cost-effectiveness
- Design, deploy and maintain target operating model for the new technologies throughout incubation lifecycles and iterations
- Serve as a player coach for systems engineers, administrators and infrastructure developers to grow the key skillset and mindset required for effective technology adoption and ongoing operation
- Serve as change catalyst to evangelize the change, normalize the interruptions & resistances, and drive the organization to maximize and sustain the value realization from the technology investment
- Serve as technical advisor for Bank's ongoing IT strategic planning
Provide regular update on technology trend and new emerging technology worth noticing Job Requirements
Be a part of UOB Family
- Past leadership experience in driving major technology adoption in a must
- The candidate must possess outstanding technical expertise in at least one of the following areas
- Kubernetes and Cloud Native Application Platform
- Thorough architectural and engineering understanding of Kubernetes and the cloud native application ecosystem, with preference for 2 to 3 years working experience on the technology.
- Hands-on experience in design, deployment and support for container platform solution such as OpenShift and delivered intended business value.
- Cloud Computing
- Thorough architectural and engineering understanding of VMware vSphere/ NSX technologies with minimum 10 years' relevant experience.
- Thorough architectural understanding of at least one of the major public cloud infrastructure solutions (AWS, Azure, IBM Cloud, GCP and etc.) with minimum 3 years' relevant experience.
- Hands-on experience in driving cloud computing adoption for large enterprise as vendor or in-house IT professional and delivered intended business value
- Database Platform Technology
- Thorough architectural and engineering understanding of RDBMS (Oracle, Microsoft SQL Server, MariaDB) technologies with minimum 10 years of relevant experience.
- Excellent architectural understanding of NoSQL technologies (Mongo, Cassandra, Redis etc.). Intensive hands on experience is an advantage.
- Excellent architectural understanding of Big Data platform technologies (i.e. Cloudera Hadoop). Intensive hands on experience is an advantage.
- Hands-on experience in design, deployment and support of in-house/cloud database as a service platform and delivered intended business value.
- Infrastructure as Code
- Thorough architectural and engineering understanding of at least one Infrastructure as Code (IaC) technologies among Chef, Terraform, Kubernetes Cluster API and Powershell DSC.
- Intensive experience in working in a DevOps environment.
- Capability and experience as Scrum master leading a team of IaC developers is an advantage.
- Hands-on experience in design, deployment and support of IaC solution and delivered intended business value.
- Professional architectural understanding of key infrastructure and platform stack from data centre, networking, enterprise storage to operating systems, databases, middleware and runtimes is required
- Working experience with Infrastructure as Code, CI/CD and general DevOps practices is preferred
- Good understanding of overall Banking IT landscape is a plus
- Good understanding to overall Banking IT security principles and policies is a plus
- Must be passionate about technology and find fulfilment in driving technology innovation by constantly going the extra mile
- Highly organized, motivated and result-oriented
- Excellent technical presentation skills, effective communication and senior management engagement
- Excellent technical documentation skills
- Effective continuous learner
- Ability to work under pressure with demanding objectives/ timelines
- Highly resilient character and able to perform independently
- Strong team player within a diverse workforce cultural backgrounds
UOB is an equal opportunity employer. UOB does not discriminate on the basis of a candidate's age, race, gender, color, religion, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, or other non-merit factors. All employment decisions at UOB are based on business needs, job requirements and qualifications. If you require any assistance or accommodations to be made for the recruitment process, please inform us when you submit your online application.
Apply now and make a difference.