VP, Systems Monitoring, Technology Services, Technology and Operations
- Permanent, Full time
- DBS Bank Limited
- 22 Oct 17 2017-10-22
See job description for details
Group Technology and Operations (T&O) enables and empowers the bank with an efficient, nimble and resilient infrastructure through a strategic focus on productivity, quality & control, technology, people capability and innovation. In Group T&O, we manage the majority of the Bank's operational processes and inspire to delight our business partners through our multiple banking delivery channels.
- Providing strategic directions for standardizing of SNOC monitoring and efficient use of resources for pro-active application/infrastructure monitoring.
- Reviewing and enhancing existing SNOC processes for application/infrastructure on-boarding/off-boarding.
- Identifying areas for improvement in SNOC communications with other Incident/Problem management, Application/Infrastructure SMEs etc.
- Overseeing creation and availability of SNOC monitoring metrics and alerts’ reports for management reporting.
- Reviewing completeness and correctness of SNOC monitoring metrics and alerts.
- Establishing measurements and track improvement for SNOC monitoring effectiveness and efficiency.
- Acting as an escalation focal point for all improvement activities involving SNOC
- Change governance on all the monitoring changes for production implementation
- Perform on call duty on rotation basis.
- Minimum 5 years of experience in the Open System Administration with Monitoring skills.
- Minimum Degree holder in Computer Science
- Ability to work under pressure (especially during incident/crisis management)
- Adaptable to dynamic/volatile environment and know when/how to take control during a crisis.
- Good communication skills (ability to communicate clearly with different levels of management/staff/regional countries)
- Able to manage challenges independently and know when to raise to senior management
- Ability to command and control diverse groups.
- Strong experience skills in ITM Tivoli, Elastic search and infra monitoring tools.
- Comfortable in using suitable visual tools to create presentation for enterprise and management level.
- Excellent communication and organizational skills and able to work with little or no supervision.
- Minimum 5 years IT experience in a bank.
- In-depth knowledge of application or infrastructure monitoring systems in multi-platforms environment will be an added advantage.
- Experience with various monitoring tools like IBM ITM Tivoli, Solarwinds, Elastic Search, Gomez, etc.
- Excellent organizational and prioritization skills.
- Excellent team player and strong interpersonal skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills.
- Proactive and able to work under pressure.
- Strong problem-solving skills and positive attitude.
- Experienced in vendor management.
We offer a competitive salary and benefits package and the professional advantages of a dynamic environment that supports your development and recognises your achievements.