VP, Test Environments Lead - Payments & Transaction Banking
Posting Date: 28-Apr-2020
Location: Raffles Place, Singapore, SG
Company: United Overseas Bank Limited About UOB
United Overseas Bank Limited (UOB) is a leading bank in Asia with a global network of more than 500 branches and offices in 19 countries and territories in Asia Pacific, Europe and North America. In Asia, we operate through our head office in Singapore and banking subsidiaries in China, Indonesia, Malaysia and Thailand, as well as branches and offices.
Our history spans more than 80 years. Over this time, we have been guided by our values - Honorable, Enterprising, United and Committed. This means we always strive to do what is right, build for the future, work as one team and pursue long-term success. It is how we work, consistently, be it towards the company, our colleagues or our customers. About the Department
The Technology and Operations
function is comprised of five teams of specialists with distinct capabilities: business partnership, technology, operations, risk governance and planning support and services. We work closely together to harness the power of technology to support our physical and digital banking services and operations. This includes developing, centralising and standardising technology systems as well as banking operations in Singapore and overseas branches. Job Responsibilities
Reporting into MTES Lead, this role will collaborate with delivery teams, test program managers, architects to deliver managed test environments service to payments & transaction banking domain. It is mainly to deliver various aspects of test environments and test data which includes strategy, planning/scheduling, building, running and governing test environments and test data across different domains in the bank.
We're looking for a Lead who is/able to:
• Test environments subject matter expert supporting all test environments & data needs
• Develop & Execute long term Enterprise Test Environment Management Strategy
• Responsible for overall test environment strategy, design, implementation and its timely delivery
• Understand end-to-end test environments requirements for the bank
• Responsible for delivering the overall framework, tooling strategy, governance, procedures, policies, documentation for test environments
• Understand test environments integration requirements across applications
• Examine and identify the current environments provisioning methodology used across different divisions.
• Understand various SIT/UAT/QR/MR environments and their usages in the bank today
• Assess various industry standards for test environments management and how effectively it can be adopted in UOB
• Review the tools and technologies used for managing test environments
• Come up with the comprehensive solution for test environments management which effectively takes care of booking/scheduling, monitoring and governing.
• Come up with solutions which effectively reduces the time taken to provision end-to-end test environments.
• Work with test data managers to analyse, design, create and maintain optimal data pipeline for various test environments
• Identify and work with various team to implement effective test environments monitoring strategy and solutions
• Manage quality/test data challenges at the team level providing guidance, training, technical support to the required teams
• Ensuring security standards are maintained (for test environments) according to the overall bank's policies
• Take ownership of end-to-end test environments requirements to support all Functional Integration and Non-Functional Testing
• Ensure proper documentation of processes & maintain KOP
• Develop key metrics for tests environments and ensure its measured and managed
• Co-ordinate with core infrastructure team to ensure readiness of servers / databases, network, storage.etc
• Manage the Development/SIT/UAT/Production environment set up
• Prepare the system and database backup/restore procedures
• Manage application environments and configurations to ensure consistency
• Manage deployment / promotion of changes within different stages of SDLC
• Automate monitoring / enable alert configuration Job Requirements
• Prior experience in setting up enterprise application environments.
• Prior working experience in banking and mainly with Cash, payments, transaction banking domains
• Experience in building the infrastructure with micro services environment.
• Web and application server and webserver installation & troubleshooting Skills
• Experience in software installation on servers and documentation of installation steps
• Strong experience on implementing monitoring on different platforms.
• Having a complete understanding in end-to-end environment management
• Understanding of SDLC principles, DevOps and Agile methodology.
• Experience in fixing security vulnerabilities related to test environments.
• Proven record of accomplishment of being results orientated with demonstrated ability to achieve aggressive goals.
• Possessing strong troubleshooting skills with structured approach to conduct root cause analysis for the environmental issues.
• Excellent communication skills.
• Good understanding of cloud methodology
• Having good hands-on experiences in environments virtualization methodologies
• Hands-on experience in managing application middleware components like Weblogic, websphere, MQ, Connect Direct, JBOSS, Apache
• Good understanding of databases like Oracle, DB2
• Strong experience in Unix, windows platforms and also AS400
• Hands on experience in tools like Chef, Ansible , CA Wily , Geneos, Splunk
• Hands-on experience on frameworks like J2EE, Ruby, Springboot and angularjs application development.
• Hands-on experience on REST API.
• High level proficiency with Test Data Management
• Database experience in Mainframe, VSAM, DB2, SQLServer
• Good understanding of data masking/virtualization techniques
• Good understanding of networks including Load balancing, firewall and DNS
• Ability to work as part of a team and collaborate with wider teams within an organization
• Experience in the Finance industry or knowledge of Financial products is a huge plus
• Experience in Unix/Windows server administration
• Good understanding of tools like Aldon or any other change/configuration mgmt. tool Be a part of UOB Family
Apply now and make a difference.