VP / AVP, Application Development Manager (Trade Finance), Institutional Banking Tech, Technology and Operations
- Singapore Singapore Singapore SG
- Permanent, Full time
- DBS Bank Limited
- 22 Apr 18 2018-04-22
See job description for details
Group Technology and Operations (T&O) enables and empowers the bank with an efficient, nimble and resilient infrastructure through a strategic focus on productivity, quality & control, technology, people capability and innovation. In Group T&O, we manage the majority of the Bank's operational processes and inspire to delight our business partners through our multiple banking delivery channels.
- Manage the quality delivery of project initiatives and enhancements on schedule and within approved budget.
- Drive trade digitization efforts and other transactional flow process automation through a suite of tools to improve turnaround time and achieve cost savings.
- Drive test automation to improve testing accuracy and comprehensiveness with simulated interfacing environment.
- Actively participate in problem resolution, service and systems recovery.
- Manage and Lead a team of developers in design and development activities and guide technical direction
- To perform requirement analysis and propose designs and alternatives accordingly to meet bankâ€™s application design architecture - to ensure system modularization, reusability and optimization. Able to identify design flaws and drive resolution.
- Expected to communicate and bridge between business users, various tech teams, application vendors and development teams.
- Lead the developers in translating business requirements/user stories into Deliverables (FSD, Sprints) and drive application development from conceptual to testing to deployment.
- Lead in the development of Test Plan (Test Scenarios/Test Cases/Test data) and to perform technical/ functional testing to ensure requirements are well met.
- Manage the SIT and UAT of developed programmes with users. Manage and mitigate test issues and risk.
- Lead in performing analysis and troubleshooting of defects during testing.
- To lead and manage projects using both Agile methodology
- Explore and innovate on new technologies
- Degree in Computing / Computer Science / Engineering preferred.
- Certified Agile Scrum Master is preferred
- For AVP: Minimum 8 years of experience in Financial Services industry
- For VP: Minimum 12 years of experience in Financial Services industry
- Relevant knowledge and experience with the trade financing and trade applications is preferred.
- Analytical Skills
- Must be analytical, solution oriented, and able to propose and follow through both transformational and incremental change
- Interpersonal Skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills are required to work within the department, across the broader T&O department, with business partners and with vendors.
- Communication Skills
- Strong communication skills, able to communicate effectively at all levels, and both internally and externally. Concise and precise thinking essential
- Technical Skills
- Should have Technical hands on and work experience on the various development languages and platforms like Java/J2EE, WebSphere, JBoss, SQL, Oracle, MariaDB, IBM CICS, Cobol.
- Experience in building new application systems will be advantageous.
- Good working knowledge in UNIX/Linux Platform
- Good knowledge and programming/supporting experience of IMEX and FPRO would be advantageous
- Self-starter with a proven track record
- Comfortable working in an extremely fast paced environment, meet deadlines and prioritize accordingly
- Promotes a culture of collaboration and teamwork
We offer a competitive salary and benefits package and the professional advantages of a dynamic environment that supports your development and recognises your achievements.