VP / AVP, Technical Business Analyst - Finance Platform, Middle Office Technology, Technology and Operations
Group Technology and Operations (T&O) enables and empowers the bank with an efficient, nimble and resilient infrastructure through a strategic focus on productivity, quality & control, technology, people capability and innovation. In Group T&O, we manage the majority of the Bank's operational processes and inspire to delight our business partners through our multiple banking delivery channels. Responsibilities
You will lead a team of 2-3 Business Analysts and work with business users to understand their requirements and translate them into functional requirements in form of user stories. You will gather requirements to ensure Tech team understand users' expectation and build IT solution accordingly; and ensure development are as per functional solution with regular reviews and via QA process.
- Validate user stories to ensure functional requirement/story meet overall business requirement(s).
- Participate in User Acceptance process as a guide to users
- Act as liaison between business team and offshore/onshore development and QA team.
- Identify and analyse user requirements and assign to development team.
- Provide technical insight into feasibility analysis and execute proof of concepts.
- Provide technical leadership, mentor, direct and train application development team.
- Prepare technical design options, consult with hardware and software technicians on options and strategies.
- Prioritize, assign and execute tasks throughout the software development life cycle and ensure applications are secure and up to date.
- Design and write code and document the development phases.
- Support Scrum Master/Product Owner in managing customer expectations for project deliverables, manage stakeholder communications and support implementation.
- Formulate, design and develop software solutions based on business requirements and application roadmap in alignment with architectural direction and standards.
- Ensure all designs are performant, scalable, resilient and align to appropriate recoverability pattern.
- Collaborate with PM, BA, QA and cross-functional teams to resolve technical issues.
- Participate in daily stand-up calls with scrum team, discuss open issues, statuses and roll out action items.
- Provide functional expertise to generate test data.
- Ensure that relevant project documentation, confluence pages are up to date with latest information.
- Master or bachelor's degree in Computer Science or a related field with 12-15 years of experience as a Business/System Analyst preferably from a banking domain.
- Good understanding of Finance domain - MIS/Financial Reporting, Cost Allocation, Fund Transfer Pricing, Customer Profitability. Knowledge on other sub-domain like Reg Reporting, Capital Management etc. will be a plus
- Curious business mindset with an ability to condense complex concepts and analysis into clear and concise takeaways that drive action.
- Strong proficiency with SQL-based languages. Experience with Bid Data technologies such as Hadoop and Spark will be added advantage.
- Good communication, social and presentation skills with meticulous attention to detail.
- Strong time management skills with the ability to handle work to tight deadlines and the pressure of executive requests
- Experience working in cross-functional and regional teams
- Familiarity with agile processes and tools (JIRA & Confluence)
We offer a competitive salary and benefits package and the professional advantages of a dynamic environment that supports your development and recognises your achievements.