VP / AVP, Technology Risk Manager, Change & Process Management, Group Banking Technology
Posting Date: 04-Feb-2021
Location: Alexandra Road, Singapore, SG
Company: United Overseas Bank Limited About UOB
United Overseas Bank Limited (UOB) is a leading bank in Asia with a global network of more than 500 branches and offices in 19 countries and territories in Asia Pacific, Europe and North America. In Asia, we operate through our head office in Singapore and banking subsidiaries in China, Indonesia, Malaysia and Thailand, as well as branches and offices.
Our history spans more than 80 years. Over this time, we have been guided by our values - Honorable, Enterprising, United and Committed. This means we always strive to do what is right, build for the future, work as one team and pursue long-term success. It is how we work, consistently, be it towards the company, our colleagues or our customers. About the Department
The Technology and Operations
function is comprised of five teams of specialists with distinct capabilities: business partnership, technology, operations, risk governance and planning support and services. We work closely together to harness the power of technology to support our physical and digital banking services and operations. This includes developing, centralising and standardising technology systems as well as banking operations in Singapore and overseas branches. Job Responsibilities
- Provide risk management oversight and support
- Support Lead RIsk Manager in managing the regular governance committee through providing pertinent risk reporting and highlighting key risk issues/ trends in the risk dashboard
- Implement the risk and control framewok to achieve effective risk management
- Manage the regular risk assessment, attestation and reporting
- Manage the implementation of operation risk and compliance initiatives and policies
- Provide technology risk support fo the Domain Heads and their Operations (Ops) teams through:
- Coordinating and facilitating the self-assessment (e.g RRSA ( Regulatory Requirement Self - Assessment), RCSA (Risk & Control Self-Assessment) actiities including conducting of independent control testing to faciliate control monitoring and attestation s as well as in the review/reporting of regulatory compliance breac and operational risk incident
- Performing the role of Risk Manager / Consultant on technology risk and reporesenting technology teams on risk & control matters
- Perform audit management activities including coordinating/conducting pre-audit checks and coordinating with the audit team during and post audit work of Technology team under review
- Conduct focused reviews/risk assessments/deep dive reviews of targeted risk areas
- Proactively identify risks through monitoring of technology performance in risk and compliance management (through tracking of issues resolution arising from regulatory compliance breaches, operational risk incidents and special reviews / audits / inspections as well as independent control testing
- Provide support and training to foster strong risk culture and risk awareness within the Technology units
Be a part of UOB Family
- University Degree in Computer Science or equivalent
- Professional certifications like CISA, CISM will be advantageous
- Minimum 8 years working experience with at least 5 years of experience in risk & control or audit function in banking environment
- Broad and deep experience in management and/or assessment of adequacy of controls over technology activities of a bank. Preferably, also with good knowledge of retail and corporate banking processes and products
- Ability to identify risks and assess adequacy of controls as well as being able to make suitable recommendations for control enhancements are key requirements for this role
- Good analytical, organizational, and conceptual skills
- Experience in leading / managing projects
- Excellent communication, presentation and influencing skills and ability to manage stakeholders across multiple disciplines.
UOB is an equal opportunity employer. UOB does not discriminate on the basis of a candidate's age, race, gender, color, religion, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, or other non-merit factors. All employment decisions at UOB are based on business needs, job requirements and qualifications. If you require any assistance or accommodations to be made for the recruitment process, please inform us when you submit your online application.
Apply now and make a difference.