Valuation Services Developer - Information Technology
- Permanent, Full time
- TD Securities
- 13 Feb 18 2018-02-13
TD Securities, the wholesale trading subsidiary, of TD Bank is seeking a self-starting, motivated and high-performing individual who look forward to being a strong contributor in a dynamic front office technology organization at a major bank.
This is a visible and complex role that will require the analyst to interface with front office staff, finance, operations and risk management regularly. The Analyst will assist with design, implementation, documentation and testing and support of local and global market data, risk management and P&L applications. The role requires strong business and technical skills from a Capital Markets background. This role has a strong emphasis on being adaptable and responsive to the fast-paced requirements of a global trading business.
- Supporting existing strategic intraday risk and P&L applications for traders
- Providing global L2/L3 support functions for the Valuation Services team
- Gathering and documenting business requirements from trading, operations and risk management
- Developing Excel-based RAD applications to meet ad-hoc reporting needs of the trading business
- Performing ad-hoc analysis, reporting, and creating presentation materials to support the decision making of executives
- Communicating effectively throughout the organization and collaborating effectively with cross-functional teams
- Independently investigating and resolving client support issues
- Training new/existing clients and implementation teams on software
- Identifying bugs and writing of resolution test plans
This person must have the following key skills:
- Solid Excel VBA programming skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong problem solving skills
- Ability to work with competing demands
- Strong stakeholder management through both formal and informal means
- At least 3 years of experience in financial services in a business analysis or technology/systems role.
- Solid understanding of data structures and algorithms
- Enjoys working in a fast-paced environment
- Data Management skills and attention to detail
- Has an eye for design and usability
- Full understanding of the SDLC
- Experience in the testing and deployment phases of the development process
- The ability to influence outside the area of assigned formal authority; consequently the person should be diplomatic and exhibit cultural and political awareness
- BA/BS degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Mathematics and business or equivalent work experience.