- Permanent, Full time
- Funds Partnership Asia
- 13 Mar 18
Venture Capital - Finance & Operations Specialist
Our client is a venture capital firm, headquartered in Singapore, specialising in the investment of early stage startups in Southeast Asia. To support their growth, they are currently looking for a Finance & Operations Specialist to join their team and manage a broad range of responsibilities from financial management and accounting, compliance and fund reporting.
- Manage tracking of expenses for the Fund Management company, Fund and SPVs.
- Work closely with our accountants to reconcile transactions.
- Be responsible for tracking accounts receivable/payable.
- Prepare budget reports.
- Perform necessary compliance reporting relating to MAS, FATCA, CRS and any other regulations applicable to the fund.
- Administration and organisation of financial and legal documents on hardcopy files and on Dropbox/Evernote.
- Assist in updating internal dashboard for monthly statistics sent by portfolio companies.
- Liaise with auditors, tax agents and lawyers on all finance and operational matters.
- Key taker of minutes at partner meetings.
- Apply creative and critical thinking to identify and implement ways of increasing the efficiency of financial and key operational management processes.
Skills and Requirements:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or equivalent
- 3-5 years of relevant working experience
- Experience with private equity fund accounting and/or compliance is beneficial
- Adept in navigating online applications and collaborative tools used by the team such as Dropbox, Evernote, Google docs etc.
- A hungry, can-do attitude, with good initiative
- Meticulous and detail oriented.
- Strong foresight; ability to think ahead and to prepare backup
- Flexibility and dexterity; must be able to think on your feet while managing several shifting priorities
- Multi-tasking capabilities
- Great communication skills, both verbal and written
- Show a personal excitement and enthusiasm for the local startup scene