Established Venture Capital Shop is looking for a junior to join their investment team. Fluent Japanese is required to liaise with headquarters.
About the Company and the Fund
The Company is a leading private equity firm that invests in financial services and technology sectors across Asia.
- Support new investment opportunities, portfolio management and reporting activities. Reporting activities will include translating from English to Japanese.
- Conduct research on market universe and benchmark performance data
- Conduct financial modelling and financial statement analysis (e.g. Financial Projection, DCF, valuation methodologies, etc)
- Prepare and translate investment proposal, reports for investment committee and presentation materials
- Assist, support and maintain close relationships with portfolio companies, ecosystem partners and stakeholders
Desired Candidate Profile:
- Graduate with degree in finance, accounting, engineering, business or related fields
- Good understanding of the digital and fintech sector in South or Southeast Asia
- At least 2+ years’ work experience in VC/PE, corporate finance, strategic consulting, professional financial or law firms.
- Strong analytical capabilities to process information and understand business models
- Strong operational, organization and coordination skills with attention to details. Well versed in Japanese corporate culture.
- A team player and a good listener, willing to respect and work with managements of portfolio companies from various countries and cultures.
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel and Powerpoint
- Proficient in Japanese language to liaise with HQ