- Permanent, Full time
- Mizuho Bank
- 19 Feb 18 2018-02-19
Asia & Oceania Administration Department - Compliance
Mizuho Bank, Ltd. is a subsidiary of the Japan-based Mizuho Financial Group, Inc. (listed on the Tokyo Stock Exchange and NYSE) and is one of the largest financial services companies in the world. Mizuho Bank, Ltd. provides financial and strategic solutions for the increasingly diverse and sophisticated needs of its clients with offices located in all the major cities of the world such as Tokyo, New York, London, Hong Kong and Singapore.
Overview of Division/Department
Our Compliance (CPL), a member of our Asia & Oceania Administration Department, is in charge of formulating and maintaining the compliance framework to ensure our compliance with internal and external regulations.
(Internal corporate title: Manager)
Your roles and responsibilities include:
- Compliance Partner to Treasury Department in providing guidance on compliance matters and conducts risk assessments on new products/services/businesses and liaise with the business in the performance of annual Compliance Risk Assessment.
- Responsible for the development, implementation and execution of Compliance monitoring and surveillance program on trading activity and communication records of the Treasury Department. This includes identification and investigation of irregular activities and escalation to Management.
- Keep abreast of regulatory changes and industry practices, and (where applicable) provide updates to the business and support them in the assimilation of new/changes in regulations e.g. Global FX Code of Conduct.
- Focus on testing of business controls associated with Compliance risks. This includes:
- Development of testing approach and annual plan;
- Execution of tests in a timely and effective manner;
- Agree remediation actions with the business and track to completion; and
- Reporting to Management.
- Promote awareness of rules, regulations and industry guidelines by, amongst others, developing and conducting compliance training.
- Assist the business in enhancing their Compliance control framework by identifying areas of weakness, advising and providing recommendations and guidance to Treasury Department so as to improve/ rectify any weakness identified.
- Be able to identify and report all risk and compliance issues, breaches and suspicious activities. Ensure timely escalation of concerns to Management and Head Office (as appropriate).
- Provide guidance and training to team members, particularly in Treasury Compliance.
- Responsible for the development, implementation, review and revision of Compliance Manual, Compliance Risk Management Manual and Internal Operation Procedures.
- (Where applicable) Participate in Compliance Committee Meeting, Compliance Forum and any other committees, forums or dialogue sessions as part and parcel of the Bank's overall compliance and monitoring framework.
- Degree with at least 9 years prior experience in compliance (in particular, advisory work) is preferred
- Good understanding on regulatory requirements relating to treasury (including the Securities and Futures Act, the Financial Advisers Act, and related regulations) will be an advantage
- Ability to engage internal and external stakeholders from various levels