Vice President - Actuarial & Pricing (Grp Fin - Corporate Actuarial)
We are looking for a highly motivated individual to join the Actuarial team with a key focus on Embedded Value reporting, annual Business Planning, and providing support in the analysis of profitability for the Singapore life business and the Great Eastern Group. The Job
- Lead a team of three and report to the Appointed Actuary.
- Responsible for the preparation of monthly new business embedded value (NBEV) report and annual in-force embedded value (IFEV) report for the Singapore life business. Prepare and update the embedded value methodology paper and assumption. At the Group level, review and consolidate NBEV report and IFEV report from subsidiaries.
- Participate in the annual business planning exercise. Forecast and analyse key financial metrics, communicate effectively with other stakeholders.
- Analyse profitability of the Singapore business on a regular basis, deliver business value by providing actuarial insights and identifying levers to drive financial performance.
- Work closely with other functions and departments to ensure a consistent understanding/view of financial and actuarial issues across the organisation.
- Drive and participate in actuarial-related initiatives and projects. Deliver continuous improvements in actuarial analysis, processes, and controls.
- Takes accountability in considering business and regulatory compliance risks and takes appropriate steps to mitigate the risks.
- Maintains awareness of industry trends on regulatory compliance, emerging threats and technologies in order to understand the risk and better safeguard the company.
- Highlights any potential concerns /risks and proactively shares best risk management practices.