Vice President - Aladdin Business, Trading Product Marketing
Description About this role BACKGROUND
BlackRock Inc. is a preeminent global firm, providing investment management, risk management and advisory services to institutional and individual investors around the world. BlackRock Solutions (BRS) provides clients with access to the intellectual capital, risk analytics and investment platform used to support BlackRock's asset management business. By combining sophisticated risk analytics and investment systems with capital markets and business process expertise, BlackRock Solutions helps clients address a variety of risk management and investment process challenges. BlackRock Solutions' Aladdin® platform is an operating system for investment managers that combines sophisticated risk analytics with comprehensive portfolio management, trading and operations tools on a single platform to power informed decision-making, effective risk management, efficient trading and operational scale
The Aladdin Product Marketing team is focused on driving product demand, adoption, and user engagement across our client community. We partner with Engineers, Product Managers, and our users to build products and deliver content that power informed decision-making, effective risk management, efficient trading, and operational scale.We are passionate about using technology to solve our clients' most complex problems and deliver a superior user experience. PURPOSE AND SCOPE
As a Trading Product Marketing Vice President, you will be a technical and business subject matter expert in Equities trading on BlackRock's Aladdin OEMS. The successful candidate will have experience operating or supporting equity trading systems (OMS or EMS) and understand the needs and workflow of an equity trader, they should also understand the current market and industry equity landscape.
The role is both client-facing and technical: requiring direct client and prospect engagement to demo and display Aladdin workflows, features and roadmaps as well as gathering feedback to develop and prioritize product strategy and its future product vision.
The candidate will be knowledgeable about equity trading and the competitive landscape of OMS and EMS products. They will work organize their views in conjunction with those of our client community to continue to make Aladdin a best in class trading product. RESPONSIBILITIES
Key responsibilities of the role include:
- Connect industry knowledge and market trends with user feedback and product capabilities to inform product and customer engagement strategies
- Define user segmentation and optimal feature and adoption targets per segment
- Collate and Synthesize user feedback into clearly defined product enhancement requests
- Monitor and react to product and user segment metrics and usage patterns
- Develop and drive targeted product campaigns around key themes, use cases, and value proposition
- Advocate on behalf of the community by collecting and distilling user feedback to validate and influence engineering decisions
- Own, construct and maintain high quality, outbound product communications and documentation
- Ensure the roadmap, value proposition, positioning & messaging is effectively communicated to internal stakeholders and end users
- Consult clients on trading best practices - demonstrating how Aladdin functionality will scale and optimize trading workflows, both active and passive, across asset classes.
- Assist in Aladdin Sales attending prospect meetings as an Equities Trading subject matter expert, providing trading demos and respond to prospect questions regarding Aladdin functionality and market interaction
- 5+ years product management, marketing, support, or implementation experience with a focus on trading and technology
- Ability to work with engineers to drive the roadmap and design impactful products
- Collect and distill requirements from internal and external users to provide technology partners with a clear understanding of enhancement opportunities
- Entrepreneurial drive and technical insight to make great products better
- Deep understanding of trade execution and preferably post-trade workflows.
- Knowledge of Equity buy-side processes and understanding of investment
- Experience with order management systems and experience working directly with senior traders
- Superior communication and presentation skills, with the ability to convey complex concepts simply and clearly to clients
- Customer service oriented and experience facing off with clients
- Track record of influencing behavior at various levels in the organization, including cross-functional leaders
- Self-starter who enjoys working in a fast-paced, high-intensity environment, set priorities, and can work independently and in group settings
- Experience using Jira or other development and deployment tracking tool
- A working understanding of FIX protocol
- Deep knowledge and understanding of Global and specifically Asia-Pacific Equity market structure
To help you stay energized, engaged and inspired, we offer a wide range of benefits including a strong retirement plan, tuition reimbursement, comprehensive healthcare, support for working parents and Flexible Time Off (FTO) so you can relax, recharge and be there for the people you care about. About BlackRock
At BlackRock, we are all connected by one mission: to help more and more people experience financial well-being. Our clients, and the people they serve, are saving for retirement, paying for their children's educations, buying homes and starting businesses. Their investments also help to strengthen the global economy: support businesses small and large; finance infrastructure projects that connect and power cities; and facilitate innovations that drive progress.
This mission would not be possible without our smartest investment - the one we make in our employees. It's why we're dedicated to creating an environment where our colleagues feel welcomed, valued and supported with networks, benefits and development opportunities to help them thrive.
For additional information on BlackRock, please visit careers.blackrock.com | www.blackrock.com/corporate | Instagram: @blackrock | Twitter: @blackrock | LinkedIn: www.linkedin.com/company/blackrock
BlackRock is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status, and other statuses protected by law.
BlackRock will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest or conviction records in a manner consistent with the requirements of the law, including any applicable fair chance law.