Vice President - Risk and Control (Quality Assurance) - Singapore
- Permanent, Full time
- Nomura Asia
- 22 Sep 17
The Control function is responsible for defining a sustainable governance framework to ensure controls are ‘fit for purpose’, operating as designed and are adaptable to the challenges brought in by various external events and regulatory changes. The team thus looks to facilitate in identification of the firm’s risks by ensuring adequate controls are in place within Operations. We are currently looking for risk management professionals with prior experience to support our existing framework in Asia (ex-Japan) as well as the various control initiatives that could have a global impact
Key responsibilities include (but not limited to) the following:
- Drive a risk and control culture across Operations
- Perform risk monitoring
- Execute Quality Assurance reviews within Operations
- Manage the Risks and Control Self-Assessment (RCSA) process for Operations, challenge the appropriateness and completeness of the risk repositories with the functional managers (where required) and interface with ORM for addition of new risks / amendment of existing risks, etc.
- Oversee the KRI breaks and exceptions periodically to assess impact
- Analyse incidents / events, perform root cause analysis and identify the strategic outlook of actions proposed
- Engage in discussions concerning the control framework with Internal / External Auditors (audit related); cooperate in completion of such audits as well as the SOX Audits
- Collaborate with cross divisional / regional counterparts on initiatives looking to enhance the control and governance framework for Operations
- Participate in initiatives launched by the Control team to pave way for a better control framework within Operations
- Ensure consistent understanding of relevant of standards and guidelines applicable to operations
- Prepare materials for training, awareness, case study sessions on themes relevant to the current control environment to ensure uniform appreciation of existing risks and controls among the Operations teams
- Prepare relevant updates for cross border forums, monthly meetings, etc., as required.
- Oversee regulatory compliance activities including but not limited to deliverables to regulators (via Compliance), regulatory incident analysis, etc.
Key objectives critical to success for this role will be: the development and implementation of a strong Quality Assurance function within the team, with the skills and capability to proactively support Operations management in strengthening the control environment.
Qualifications / Requirements:
- Experience of Audit and/or Quality Assurance
- Strategic mind-set with the ability to design new processes
- Collaborative working style, with strong communication skills
- Has relevant experience in Operations, preferably with a risk management background
- Is a confident communicator with good presentation skills
- Is comfortable with negotiating; possesses an ability to seek buy-ins from key stakeholders
- Has a keen attention to details, able to multitask and enjoys problem solving
- Possesses strong analytical skills and an ability to quickly learn new products and systems; needs to be able to thrive in a challenging constantly changing environment
- Is dynamic - with a strong character and excellent interpersonal skills