Vice President Consultant – Banking - Asia
- Singapore Singapore Singapore SG
- Permanent, Full time
- Greenwich Associates
- 25 May 18 2018-05-25
Are you seeking a new opportunity void of the corporate hierarchy and structures that can inhibit innovation and effective decision making? If you are seeking a consulting career, underpinned by tangible “voice of the market” data, this opportunity will provide the “fact base consulting” platform to accelerate your advice to senior clients in financial services. In this position, the expectation of a Consultant will be to master the firm’s proprietary research methodology and consult with clients. The Consultant will be responsible for revenue generation, research management, talent management and overall strategic / business planning.
Greenwich Associates is the leading provider of global market intelligence and advisory services to the financial services industry. We specialize in providing fact based insights and practical recommendations to improve business results. Our data focuses on the key metrics required for effective business management: operations performance, service quality, sales effectiveness, share of wallet, market share, brand, and behavioral trends.
Our clients include nearly all of the world’s leading investment banks, commercial banks and asset managers. We also serve securities exchanges, ratings agencies, government entities, and other companies with interest in the financial services industry.
Greenwich Associates was founded in 1972 and has more than 330 members. We are based in Stamford, CT with additional offices in Pleasanton, CA, London, Singapore, Tokyo, and Toronto.
Consultants are responsible for analyzing markets and guiding clients in understanding how their customers view them in the market. Consultants engage with institutional financial services providers evaluating competitive opportunities and key strategic, organizational, operational and technology challenges for each client, based on its specific competencies and long-term objectives. Consultants work closely with our Managing Directors in creating and preparing consulting reports and presentations for client’s senior management and market research professionals. In reports and meetings consultants create value through their understanding of the client’s needs and ability to convey the changing landscape of the marketplace through the eyes of the client’s customer. Consultants generate revenue through cultivating existing relationships and developing new relationships. In addition, Consultants manage day to day client related activities working with internal teams to deliver our programs with the utmost quality in the most effective ways.
If these aspects are appealing to you Greenwich Associates has a lot to offer. We are seeking passionate and committed members to continue to grow our business. These are the key factors that have accelerated Greenwich Associates as the leading global market research and data insights firm in today’s market. The Firm is committed to developing consultants with the goal that successful individuals will enhance our overall value proposition.
Are you seeking to work closely with experienced Managing Directors and senior Consultants to achieve unique value creation for clients? This approach allows Consultants the opportunity to learn very quickly and further develop their careers. To support that objective, each Consultant is assigned a mentor to act as a coach and sounding board throughout the consultant’s career with the firm. This relationship is a method of knowledge transfer and shared experiences as well as designed to provide encouragement at various junctures along the career path.
- Responsible for building Greenwich’s Banking Sector, primarily within the spaces of Corporate Banking and Transaction Banking
- Draw on and build on Greenwich’s market research, to produce actionable insight and advice for global, regional and local banks across Asia
- Develop new advisory consulting modules and capabilities as relevant
- Partner with the senior Banking Consultants who manage core account relationships to broaden the client dialogue and cross-sell advisory services, including writing proposals and pitching
- Partner with the team to drive forward the Banking sector’s thought leadership initiatives, including whitepapers and marketing collateral
- Participate in conferences and PR activities to raise recognition of our advisory consulting services
- Lead in the design, project management, analysis and consulting associated with advisory consulting projects won
- Support the Banking Sector in the design and development of its products and services, to ensure continuous evolution and alignment with client needs
Our ideal candidate is seeking to make a long term career choice to join a prestigious industry leader where they can achieve their personal and professional career objectives. Demonstrated competence is required in conducting quantitative analysis, identifying issues and forming hypotheses, formulating recommendations/solutions, and preparing business proposals and client presentations. Candidates must also have strong consultative skills grounded in high integrity and professional standards. Furthermore, the ideal candidate should possess the following essential (and desired) requirements:
- 4 to 7 years of either
- Management consulting experience from a Top Tier strategy consultancy or
- Front office corporate/investment banking experience at a global/regional bank
- Track record of success in developing client relationships through consistently high quality delivery and execution
- At least 1-2 years’ experience working with senior decision makers at large institutions (clients)
- Proven ability to conceive new business ideas and implement them successfully in a financially profitable way
- Ability to work independently and also as part of a relationship team
- Significant experience working in Corporate & Institutional or Wholesale Banking is desirable (but not required)
- Significant travel may be required; at times up to 40% traveling to locations across Asia
Greenwich Associates is an equal opportunity employer