Vice President, Financial Solution
- Singapore Singapore Singapore SG
- Permanent, Full time
- Mizuho Bank
- 22 Jul 18 2018-07-22
Asia Financial Solution Division - Financial Solution
Overview of Division/Department
Our Asia Financial Solution Department (AFSD) is responsible for the strengthening of Mizuho product-related businesses in Asia Pacific by giving advice and providing support to all Mizuho branches in the region.
Mizuho Bank, Ltd. is a subsidiary of the Japan-based Mizuho Financial Group, Inc. (listed on the Tokyo Stock Exchange and NYSE) and is one of the largest financial services companies in the world. Mizuho Bank, Ltd. provides financial and strategic solutions for the increasingly diverse and sophisticated needs of its clients with offices located in all the major cities of the world such as Tokyo, New York, London, Hong Kong and Singapore.
(Internal Corporate Title: Manager)
Your key roles & responsibilities include:
- Around 50% of the role is expected to be analytical and 50% is client facing.
- The ideal candidate must possess a strong knowledge of interest rate and foreign exchange risk analysis and modeling, including the ability to model and simulate multiple risk scenarios using specialty software such as Mathlab.
- Leveraging on his/her modeling and analytical capabilities, the ideal candidate must then be able to apply his/her strong client communication and handling skills to generate business ideas and insights to our corporate clients, and connect these ideas and insights to our bank's treasury products suite.
- Travel in the Asia-Pacific region is expected in this role.
What you should have:
- At least 5-7 years of relevant market risk advisory or management experience, having obtained this from either working in the treasury division of a corporate bank or investment bank, or working in the finance department of a large corporate or multi-national company;
- Must be comfortable in an analytical role, but with the ability to convert the analysis into business ideas / sound advice that would appeal to our corporate clients. Strong knowledge of market risk management concepts, statistical concepts including monte-carlo simulation, and knowledge of derivative instruments would be a key attribute of the successful candidate;
- Must be comfortable and confident in presenting own analysis/ideas to senior management executives of our corporate clients (CFO, Group Treasurer). In addition, the candidate must be flexible to travel to meet corporate clients;
- The candidate must be a strong team player, with willingness to provide guidance to more junior members of the team. Ability to speak an Asian language, such as mandarin, would be favoured positively;
- A Bachelor's Degree in Commerce or Finance or a Bachelor's Degree in Statistics or Mathematics or Computer Science or related discipline is a minimum requirement for applicants, while MBA or Post-Graduate qualifications in Finance or Statistics/Mathematics, or CFA accreditation would be highly desirable;
- Working knowledge of mathematical software tools such as Matlab would be highly desirable.
Join Mizuho Bank, Ltd., in Singapore, and be part of our team, passionate to build the future together. "One MIZUHO: Building the future with you"