Vice President, Index Sales Development
- Will commensurate with experience and qualifications
- Permanent, Full time
- 13 Oct 17 2017-10-13
This is an exciting opportunity for a motivated self-starter to make a large contribution to the continued growth and success of SGX Index Edge. Since its launch in 2015, SGX Index Edge has successfully established itself as a custom index solution provider to investment banks, asset managers and ETF issuers across the APAC region. You will be responsible for the overall business development and sales effort to engineer the next phase of growth across multiple markets and client channels.
The primary purpose of the role is to develop and implement sales strategies to achieve higher sales volume, profit and continuous growth. This position reports to the Head of Index Services.
• Leadership of index outreach and sales activities
• Build exhaustive prospect list with targeted strategies for each customer channel
• Set goals which drive performance to meet overall business objectives
• Build customer relationship management process
• Input into new product placement strategy and execution
• Effectively engage international sales colleagues to achieve overall objectives
1. Active client outreach and engagement to build pipeline and promote SGX Index Edge
• Proactively keep all clients up to date about SGX Index Edge product launches and projects
• Seek client feedback regarding new initiatives and future product development
• Actively communicate customer feedback to key internal stakeholders on a periodic basis
• Firm understanding of client needs, engaging in technical dialogue as and when required
• Detailed understanding of complex and highly engineered custom indices
• Solutions-driven and consultative customer outreach
2. Achieve Sales and Revenue Goals
• Formulate sales strategy across key channels – Investment Banks, Asset Managers, ETF issuers, Private Banks and Asset Owners
• Ongoing reporting of planned versus executed deliverables, while pivoting as is required to achieve the desired business outcomes.
• Coordinate efficient management of both Singapore and International Sales Offices
• Ability to manage long client gestation cycles
• Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Economics or Engineering, CFA preferred
• Minimum 10 years of experience in business development / sales across banking, wealth management or risk analytics.
• Strong command of custom indices, structured products and Pan Asian ETF landscape
• Demonstrated ability to communicate, present and influence credibly and effectively at all levels
• Proven ability to plan, design and execute the sales process
• A good team player with proven ability to work with colleagues
• Culturally sensitive and versatile with good cross cultural disposition
• Adaptable to rapid change