Vice President, Product Management
Who is Mastercard?
We are the global technology company behind the world's fastest payments processing network. We are a vehicle for commerce, a connection to financial systems for the previously excluded, a technology innovation lab, and the home of Priceless ®. We ensure every employee has the opportunity to be a part of something bigger and to change lives. We believe as our company grows, so should you. We believe in connecting everyone to endless, priceless possibilities. Job Title
Vice President, Product Management
MasterCard Worldwide is a leading global payments solutions company that provides a broad range of innovative services in support of our global members' credit, deposit access, electronic cash, business-to-business and related payment programs. The Acceptance group's vision is to enable a world beyond cash through a combination of technology and strategic partnerships. We are creating great experiences for consumers across all channels and all devices, enabling merchants to reach consumers in ways not possible in the pre-digital world. We work with banks, merchants and digital participants to enable consumers to shop and pay.
• Develop, in conjunction with the product line specialists and sales organization, a wholistic go to market strategy for our suite of acceptance products including gateway, M4M and SRC
• Directly manage a team of product and solution managers to productize merchant, acquirer and technology partner facing solutions
• Work with the market product management teams and sales teams to execute on the go to market strategy
• Responsible for managing the SRC digital wallet product for Asia Pacific region
• Ensure quality deployment and implementations. Assume overall end-to-end management responsibilities for quality assurance.
• Effectively engage Consumer and Customer Marketing, Communications and other colleagues in AP to support the launch of new products, features and functionality
• Identify strategic business-building opportunities in products and services that can be offered, developed and implemented to customers
• Build a culture of innovation and responsiveness that differentiate MasterCard from competition and keep team in high morale Experience and skills
• Monitor competitor activity providing input to the regional teams on optimum product positioning. Provide input to global product teams on opportunities and gaps.
All About You
The manager will have a proven track record of leading product strategy, road-mapping and design to align to market demand and strategic goals. S/he will have a track record of leadership and execution, having worked in a similar capacity in previous roles. More specifically, the ideal candidate will:
• Have ten plus years of experience in product management roles with an expertise in global payments (gateway solutions/acquiring)
• Be trained in product management methodologies
• Extensive payments industry experience with a detailed understanding of credit/debit payment processing and associated merchant payment technologies
• Be a seasoned collaborator, good listener, able to navigate a matrixed organization with global reach and can deliver results through influence
• Have notable critical thinking skills, is intellectually curious, and has significant cognitive horsepower
• Be well-informed of emerging trends and market disruptors that will impact the business. Be innovation-oriented and capable of generating new ideas to explore. Viewed as a visionary and able to clearly communicate the future for the business.
• Demonstrate courage to challenge the status quo. S/he is decisive yet inclusive. Their demeanor is consistently viewed as respectful and collaborative. They are comfortable sharing credit with others.
• Able to pivot easily between macro to micro issues. Enjoys the diversity of tasks ranging from strategy development to the day-to-day business. Able to execute against multiple initiatives and excel in a fast-paced environment with evolving priorities.
• Preferred to have had experience in a technical sales or commercial environment including interacting with customers
• Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Information Technology or similar B.S. degree from an accredited college/university
• Have outstanding presentation and communication skills; written, verbal and presentation.
• Experience in working across multiple geographies and cultural environments.
• Ability to travel as required
Mastercard is an inclusive Equal Employment Opportunity employer that considers applicants without regard to gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, ethnicity, disabled or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you require accommodations or assistance to complete the online application process, please contact email@example.com and identify the type of accommodation or assistance you are requesting. Do not include any medical or health information in this email. The Reasonable Accommodations team will respond to your email promptly.