Vice President, Project Manager & Business Analyst - HSBC Life
The health and safety of our employees and candidates is very important to us. Due to the current situation related to the Novel Coronavirus (2019-nCoV), we’re leveraging our digital capabilities to ensure we can continue to recruit top talent at HSBC. As your application progresses, you may be asked to use one of our digital tools to help you through your recruitment journey. If so, one of our Resourcing colleagues will explain how our video-interviewing technology will be used throughout the recruitment process and will be on hand to answer any questions you might have.
Some careers open more doors than others.
If you’re looking for a career that will unlock new opportunities, join HSBC and experience the possibilities. Whether you want a career that could take you to the top, or simply take you in an exciting new direction, HSBC offers opportunities, support and rewards that will take you further.
HSBC Life is a world-class institution where you can specialize in Insurance but enjoy the advantages that come with being part of a leading global international bank. Insurance is about people, and the promises they make. At HSBC Life we help deliver on these promises by providing a wide variety of life insurance products and services to our clients throughout the Asia-Pacific region.
Our employees enjoy a dynamic and innovative workplace and a world of opportunities to develop their careers in a high-profile growing business segment. We empower our team of high-performing individuals to build skills and explore new experiences to realize the full potential of being part of HSBC.
Together we pursue efficient ways of working. We harness the latest data and technology solutions to achieve meaningful outcomes for our clients. The protection we offer creates broad and lasting impact, helping clients to be healthier, more productive and more confident in their futures.
We are currently seeking a high calibre professional to join our team as a Vice President, Project Manager & Business Analyst – HSBC Life Principle Responsibilities
- Primary change partner for business and support implementation of Group Strategy
- Jobholder is a major point of contact with the business and IT.
- Work independently and has a high level of flexibility to consult with the business at all levels.
- Ability to work closely with and build good relationships with Business, and with other delivery partners. The jobholder is expected to successfully engage in multiple initiatives, projects, programme simultaneously, taking a lead role in larger projects, directing all analyst and project management end to end activity.
- As a project lead, job holder will need to manage end to end Insurance key projects initiatives and demonstrate good governance to meet exacting timescales necessary to comply with Insurance Portfolio Delivery requirements.
- Responsible for leading and presenting in local project steering committee and lead daily stand up on project progress
- Managing multiple work streams in projects and drive daily scrum ceremony, weekly working group.
- Proactively update senior team on the risk, issues, milestone and promptly escalate /recommend path to Green1, ensuring the scope, cost, timeline is effectively managed and within project timeline.
- Defining the approach and dealing with complex requirements and unique projects, often multiple initiatives/works within Insurance Portfolio. This is not limited to leading multiple initiatives from Idea Outline until benefit realization for product, sale, distribution, digitalization, process streamlining and regulatory projects.
- Good understanding of Business requirements for Singapore Insurance Business and constructively drive governance through Business Transformation Management Framework, Business Case, User Story, and tools such as Jira, Confluence, etc
- Working under both Waterfall and Agile Methodology to driving a culture of achievement
Agile Certify/Scrum master, streamline processing and best practice techniques To be considered for this role, the relevant rights to work in Singapore is required. You’ll achieve more when you join HSBC. www.hsbc.com/careers HSBC is committed to building a culture where all employees are valued, respected and opinions count. We take pride in providing a workplace that fosters continuous professional development, flexible working and opportunities to grow within an inclusive and diverse environment. Personal data held by the Bank relating to employment applications will be used in accordance with our Privacy Statement, which is available on our website. Issued by The Hongkong and Shanghai Banking Corporation Limited.
- Proven track record as an outstanding analyst, consultant or project manager in the financial services industry
- Extensive experience gathering requirements and conducting design activity, with a mix of business, operations and technology focused projects
- Exposure to business case development and a sound understanding of how design enablers underpin business benefits
- Strong experience in delivering change into different audiences and managing implementation in Insurance environments
- Effective communication, inter-personal and negotiating skills
- Excellent decision making and problem solving ability
- Sound judgment skills to identify and resolve problems
- Experience of managing resources using appropriate communication, delegation and planning skills
- Ability to motivate and lead people, employing appropriate management styles
- Proven ability to work across regions whilst maintaining a global perspective
- Proven ability to work with senior stakeholders and business sponsors
- PMP or MSP Certified, Certified Business Analysis Professional
- FLMI Certify or equivalent
- Excellent in using Excel, Powerpoint.
- Key complex project experience in Insurance
- Lean Six Sigma Certification (Green Belt) and Business reengineering knowledge
- Knowledge of Transformation Framework