Vice President, Sustainability
Vice President, Sustainability Global Commercial Banking About OCBC
Having purpose and making a real impact drives what we do at OCBC, for our customers, colleagues and the community. People count on us to deliver an amazing banking experience, but more importantly one that is uncomplicated and complements their changing lifestyle and business needs. Our employees are the architects that make this all possible; they are high performing individuals and teams, experts in their field and above all believe in our purpose and commitment to customers.
Our community of game changers at OCBC builds for the future; think Ambitious goals, act with a strong Belief and execute with Courage and agility to drive impact. These ABCs sit at the centre of our culture of change and innovation. What you do
The candidate is a subject matter expert on Sustainability with extensive industry and SME experience. He/she will be supporting Global Commercial Banking's Sustainability strategy and initiatives, working with Business Units, product groups and other internal partners to develop plans to achieve the Division's Sustainability goals.
In addition, he/she will lead engagement with external partners such as industry associations, relevant NGOs, government agencies and key industry leaders to develop partnerships or co-create solutions targeted at SMEs in specific industries.
The role will have a direct reporting line to a Department Head within Global Commercial Banking with a dotted reporting line to the Head of Sustainable Finance Group in Wholesale Corporate Marketing to ensure alignment within Global Wholesale Banking. Sustainable Finance and SME Sustainable Finance (SF) framework:
- Work together with BU teams to improve adoption of the SME SF framework across segments (EmB, EB), project categories and industries. Sharpen the framework to SF to improve coverage of SMEs across the lifecycle with different levels of maturity in sustainability as well as expand the scope of the SF framework to regional markets such as Malaysia, Indonesia and Hong Kong.
- Partner the BUs to identify industry-based opportunities for Sustainable Finance and support the origination and execution work streams for deals, products including sustainability-linked loans/bonds or other financing structures.
- Develop an implementation roadmap for Sustainable Finance strategic priorities for Global Commercial Banking together with the senior leadership team
- Identify risks or opportunities in evolving areas of Sustainability such as changing regulations and compliance, emerging trends, updates to industry standards and guidelines etc.
- Build capability in sustainability by increasing awareness and knowledge within the senior leadership team as well as the broader Sales/RM community in order to accelerate momentum of sustainability efforts.
- Together with the Marketing team, develop an engagement program to drive external awareness as well as branding of OCBC SME SF's efforts for SMEs.
Qualifications What you bring
- Lead engagement with external partners such as industry associations, relevant NGOs, government agencies e.g. Enterprise Singapore and key industry leaders to develop partnerships or establish pilot programs covering use cases that are targeted for broader implementation within chosen industries.
- Leverage sustainability to find ways to offer financing through the value chain access to the large anchors and the small and mid-sized players
- Post graduate studies related to Sustainability or professional ESG certification
- More than 15 years' experience in the development, application or advisory of ESG programs in Singapore and/or regionally
- Understanding/Prior experience in engaging the SME business community on ESG issues
- In-depth knowledge of local ESG landscape and global environment/climate change issues
- Strong internal and external stakeholders managing skills
- Ability to handle ambiguity and effectively cope with change
- Creative, resourceful and able to work independently
- Strong team player