- Temporary, Full time
- Standard Chartered Bank Singapore
- 04 Nov 17
Visual Designer (contract)
- Location: Singapore
- Salary: Negotiable
- Job Type: Full time
Please view Job Description for details.Standard Chartered is a leading international banking group committed to building a successful and sustainable future for our people, our customers and the communities we serve. With 1,700 branches and offices in 68 markets in Asia, Africa and the Middle East, we offer exciting and challenging international career opportunities to over 89,000 employees.
As part of the UI/UX team, the visual designer establishes the visual layer of the products by combining typography, iconography, color, space, imagery and texture. Working closely with several other roles and teams, Visual designer's take low fidelity wireframes, prototypes or other testable media and quickly turn them into intuitive, modern and engaging user interfaces and solid interactions for delivery across mobile and web platforms.
Leveraging a clear understanding of the overall product vision and objectives, this position maintains the visual standards, providing governance for visual artefacts and ensuring continuity for the UI layer. In this role you will be working Product owners, Senior UX & interactive designer and Business analyst on client led initiatives for CIB Channels
Key Roles and Responsibilities
Key responsibilities are outlined below:
- Assist in the creation of the UI elements used across all projects for CIB.
- Create detailed visual designs specification and standards for aspect of the product (UI)
- Transform, low fidelity wire frames into fidelity by applying newly created existing standards.
- Update, maintain and follow the product visual style guide
- Illustrate as need (icons, logos, diagrams e.t.c)
- Present design recommendation to the design team
- Manipulate various forms of images and files for use in products (both vector and raster)
- Work quickly on deliverables in our Agile work environment
- Deign intuitive, modern and engaging user interfaces for CIB channels
Qualifications and Skills
- BA/BS degree in design (e.g interaction, graphic, visual communication)
- 3 years of visual, graphic and or web design professional exp
- Strong visual design skills
- Expert proficiency in Sketch, Zeplin, Invison, Illustrator, Photoshop, Dreamweaver
- Time management is key for this role along with multi-tasking and communications skills
- Ability to work within a high demand fast paced team
- Agile software development methodology exp
- Creative and curious with an outgoing personality and a team player with the ability to think outside of the box
How To Apply
You can search and view current opportunities across our organisation and apply immediately by visiting www.standardchartered.com and selecting Careers. To help speed up your application, please note the following:
- You will need to log in (or register if you are visiting our careers site for the first time) before you can apply for a specific role
- Some roles may require you to undertake an online talent assessment in addition to completing the application form (to facilitate this process it is preferable that you provide us with an email address as part of your contact information)
- We will ask you about your education, career history and skills and experience, it may be helpful to have this information at hand when completing your application
It usually takes 15 - 20 minutes to complete the application form; you can save your application at any time and return to complete it at your convenience.
Diversity and Inclusion
Standard Chartered is committed to diversity and inclusion. We believe that a work environment which embraces diversity will enable us to get the best out of the broadest spectrum of people to sustain strong business performance and competitive advantage. By building an inclusive culture, each employee can develop a sense of belonging, and have the opportunity to maximise their personal potential.