Voice & Data Network Engineer
- Permanent, Full time
- Franklin Templeton Investments
- 21 Feb 18 2018-02-21
Voice & Data Network Engineer
At Franklin Templeton Investments, we are dedicated to delivering strong results and exceptional service to clients, team members and business partners. Over 9,000 employees working in 60 offices around the world are dedicated to servicing investment solutions for our clients in more than 150 countries. For over 65 years, our success has been a direct result of the talent, skills and persistence of our people.
We are looking for an Engineer to join the Voice and Data Network Services team based in Singapore. This role will primarily focus on Asia Pacific to provide project and operational support of the telecommunications infrastructure for the businesses and employees located at office locations throughout Franklin's global enterprise. Responsibilities for this role include installation, maintenance, monitoring and network management activities associated with Franklin Templeton's voice and data network related technologies and services. The technologies and services include Cisco Routers, Switches, Firewalls, Cisco Call Manager, Genesys Contact Center, and IPC Trading System and Turrets. This position is required on occasion to perform work outside of normal business hours.
What are the ongoing responsibilities of this position?
- Work in partnership with the broader Technology teams to effectively support the operational processes and procedures associated with the ongoing management and administration of Franklin's Communications Systems
- Assist in the development and deployment of communication (voice/data/video) solutions; including operational testing, support process development, general release planning and deployment, planning and end user training/acceptance
- Manage the infrastructure in accordance with established operational practices
- Follow standard configuration guidelines when performing system moves, additions and changes
- Update documentation and monitor system performance
- Manage small to medium scale projects in accordance with established processes
- Lead or participate in management of problem resolution and escalation activities
- Perform root cause analysis
- Participate in vendor management activities associated with the ongoing maintenance, support and enhancement of the company's infrastructure and related services
- Participate in strategic and tactical planning of complex voice and data networks including contact center solutions
- Assist in the development and deployment of voice and data network solutions; including operational testing, support process development, general release planning & deployment and planning & conducting end user training & acceptance
- Monitor voice and data network infrastructure components to ensure key performance indicator targets are achieved
- Build and maintain spreadsheets and related discovery documents for telecommunications infrastructure environments
- Keeps colleagues and managers abreast of current and future I.T. development activities
- Remains abreast of emerging technical issues affecting the telecommunications infrastructure environment currently employed by company
- Work with team leaders to make recommendations relating to practice methodologies and tools
What qualifications, skills and experience would help someone to be successful?
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science
- Five years practical work experience in the design, deployment and support of large network & data and voice infrastructure environments working with International Support Teams and Vendors
- Voice and Data Network technical area certifications, preferably CISCO
- Practical work experience in the deployment and support of network solutions for medium to large size distributed enterprises utilizing the following technologies and standards:
- Switching Architectures - Cisco Nexus OS and Catalyst IOS
- Cisco Routers and ASA, Wireless
- MPLS and GET VPN
- Routing Protocols: BGP, EIGRP & RIP
- Load Balancers
- Cisco CUCM (Call Manager), SME, CUC voice platforms (Version 11.5 or higher)
- Cisco Voice Gateways (SIP, MGCP)
- Experience with CCNP/CCIE, Steelhead WAN Optimization, Cisco voice and call platforms, Genesys platforms, NICE Interaction Manager, Verint Workforce Management and Lync Voice routing is desirable
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Strong analytical skills and detail-oriented
- Organized and possess effective multi-tasking skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills, able to work along with various functions and lines of business
In addition to the dynamic and professional environment at Franklin Templeton, we strive to ensure that our employees have access to a competitive and valuable set of Total Rewards -the mix of both monetary and non-monetary rewards provided to you in recognition for your time, talents, efforts, and results.
We believe that being a good corporate citizen is good business. To us, corporate citizenship means being accountable, serving our clients, being an employer of choice, managing our environmental impact, and supporting our communities . An emphasis on corporate citizenship is embedded in our culture and values , and is an important element of how we achieve success.
We are also committed to your learning and development with resources focused around Experience, Exposure, and Education, to help you achieve your professional development goals. Take some time to, meet some of our people , and see what it means to say, " I AM Franklin Templeton ."
Franklin Templeton Investments values diversity in its workforce and welcomes employees from different backgrounds, generations, capabilities, cultural identification, sexual orientations, and gender expression, in addition to other attributes that contribute to a truly diverse and inclusive community.
We regret that only short-listed candidates will be notified.