Wealth Management, FX & Commodities Sales and Trading, Associate
JPMorgan Chase & Co. is a leading global financial services firm with assets of more than $2.7 trillion, over 240,000 employees and operations in over 60 countries. It operates across four business segments including Asset & Wealth Management, Corporate and Investment Banking, Commercial Banking and Consumer and Community Banking.
J.P. Morgan Asset & Wealth Management, is a global leader in investment and wealth management. Its clients include institutions, ultra-high-net-worth individuals and retail investors in every major market throughout the world. The division offers investment management across all major asset classes including equities, fixed income, alternatives, multi-asset and money market funds. For individual investors, the business also provides retirement products and services, brokerage and banking services including trusts and estates, loans, mortgages and deposits.
J.P. Morgan Private Bank is a global wealth management leader that delivers the highest quality advice, service, capabilities and products to Ultra High Net Worth (UHNW) individuals and families around the world. We deliver highly customized and comprehensive solutions to help clients with the many complexities they face by leveraging the commercial and investment banking capabilities of the firm.
The Private Bank FX & Commodities Sales and Trading Desk (a) develops market views; (b) investigates and determines the best execution vehicles to express market views, both tactical and longer-term; (c) markets investment ideas; and (d) executes FX & commodities trades. All members of the team are expected to help with all parts of this process. The team is heavily immersed in the market and the roles allow for a rather unique hybrid of both buy-side and sell-side aspects. It is a fast paced market-oriented team presenting substantial learning and growth opportunities. All members of the team, to different degrees, are client facing and help out with whatever needs attention regardless of seniority. The global team has desks in New York, London, Hong Kong and Singapore which work together closely together with our expansive global client footprint. Responsibilities include, but are not limited to the following:
- Pricing and Execution for FX and commodities trades: Spot, Forward, Derivatives, and Structured Products.
- Knowledge of options and options execution is required.
- Quantitative and qualitative analysis on markets and trade ideas (generally via excel). There is a core need for quantitative and technical skills for this position.
- Understanding of market risks from a pricing and execution perspective. Efficiency and accuracy in pricing various trade strategies.
- Proficiency with electronic trading systems is preferred.
- Daily client interaction (over the phone or in person) to discuss our trading platform, markets, and to offer solutions.
- Build relationships with Private Bank investors and bankers throughout the US, Europe, and Asia.
- Develop and present on investment ideas
- Must have at least 3+ years experience in FX and/or commodities markets. Other asset class experience may be considered.
- Strong skills in Microsoft Excel, PowerPoint, Bloomberg and Word.
- Demonstrate a strong interest and passion for financial markets, international affairs and geopolitical events.
- Some options background - required.
- Able to multi-task and work well under stress.
- Follow economics, international finance, foreign exchange/commodities and international news events.
- Strong preference for the candidate to speak regional languages in addition to English.