Windows RUN Engineer (Automation)
INETUM is an international IT services company, currently employing about 27,000 people Worldwide.
INETUM provides its clients with innovative, long-lasting industrial solutions to leverage performance from their information systems. We design and runs industrial platforms tailored to the economic and human considerations of its clients.
• Management Consulting | Digital Transformation | Innovation
• Operating over 26 countries,
• 2019 revenue of over 2.3 Billion Euros,
• 50 years of existence.
In order to support our forthcoming businesses and technological challenges, we seek innovative and agile people sharing our mind set.
We are now looking for a Windows RUN Engineer to join our team in Singapore.
ISAP IT Production Centre is an offshore delivery center managing IT Operations (RUN) for Europe and Asia. It constitutes one of two main hubs for the group IT production teams.
ISAP IT Production Centre is split in 4 departments covering the following aspects:
- Infrastructure Services
- Application Services & Operations
- Middleware Services
- End Users and Transverse Services
The scope of technologies encompasses core infrastructures (Systems, Storage, Network and Security), end user services (Citrix, VDI, and communication services), and applications and associated infrastructure (middleware platforms such as Database, Control-M, MQ, CFT, SharePoint).
He/She will be a technical RUN expert for all Windows services in the group. As such, he/she will provide support and act as the last level of escalation point for all production support activities within the Windows team in Singapore. He/She is accountable for the overall health and stability of the technical solutions within his scope. He/She must work effectively with technical peers such as architects, peer experts and project teams on technology road maps and projects. He/She will have control over the scope of technical activities, develop best practices, manage knowledge and ensure the necessary trainings are imparted to the team wherever applicable.
The Windows team operates the RUN activities and delivers projects for its infrastructure scope covering Windows 2008, Windows 2012, Windows 2016, Failover Cluster, Hyper-V, VMware, Altiris, VSA (Software Defined Storage) and HPE DL/BL/Synergy/Simplivity series hardware
As an experienced professional in Automation of Windows Services, he/she:
- Converts the BAU Tasks into workflow with automation/scripting skillsets
- Detects automation opportunities from existing platform and develop scripts, convert them to Automation reports
- Manages service improvements for all Windows services supported throughout the organization
- Documents, reviews, maintains and shares relevant technical information to the team
- Provides technical direction, supports services both proactively and reactively to maintain the availability and reliability of system infrastructure in accordance to the SLA
- Implements and develops improvements based on LEAN best practices,
- Has a role in supporting technical skills development and provides training when required
- Supports new technologies and leverages them to provide consistency of service across streams
- Reviews technology changes to identify potential risks
- Is aware of the global IT structure so that he/she anticipates interrelationships within the organization
- Engages with technical peer, Service managers, Architect and project teams on technology roadmap and projects
- Facilitates transformation projects and suggest future directions for new areas of improvement and change
- Guarantees the production readiness and license to operate of new projects and solutions
- Actively engages to understand new technologies and technology trends and reviews them with a view to incorporating them into the group’s operations
- Technically coach and develop partner resources to improve quality and productivity
- Defines the technical skillset required to support the group’s technologies.
- Manages the daily relationship with Clients including planning, requests clarification, risks mitigation and service quality
Legal and Regulatory responsibilities, he/she:
- Complies with all applicable legal, regulatory and internal Compliance requirements, including, but not limited to, the Singapore Compliance manual and Compliance policies and procedures as issued from time to time; Financial Security requirements, including, but not limited to, the prevention of Financial Crime and Fraud including reporting obligations to the Money Laundering Reporting Officer.
- Maintains appropriate knowledge to ensure to be fully qualified to undertake the role.
- Completes all mandatory training as required to attain and maintain competence
Job Specific Environment and/or Organization
- Fluent in English written and spoken
- Working hours will be in rotating shifts and primarily to cover Europe business hours
- On-call support will be expected on a rotational basis on both weekdays and weekends
Qualifications and Profile
Mandatory track record.
- Minimum 6-8 years of experience in Automation, Scripting and configuration management tools with Windows Background.
- Hands on experience in scripting languages (e.g. PowerShell, Python, Perl and VBS) for infrastructure automation. Must be proficient & advanced level in at least one scripting language.
- Experience with Databases (like SQL, MySQL) & knowledge on Integrating them with Customized Scripts / Workflows / Web services.
- Background in software development with system administration knowledge and experienced in creating Infrastructure Related Dashboards, Solutions.
- Work experience on .NET Framework concept and principles of its operation is must to create customized portals.
- Added advantage if he has knowledge of configuration management with deployment automations tools such as Docker, Puppet.
- Knowledge of core Windows OS technologies – Windows 2012, Windows 2016, Hyper-V and Microsoft Failover Clustering.
- Knowledge of VMware technologies (vSphere, vCenter, VROPS, VRLI) will be an advantage.
- Knowledge of HPE hardware (DL, BL, Synergy, Simplivity series).
- Knowledge of patching tools (Altiris, SCCM) and Active Directory.
- Knowledge of emerging technologies – Cloud IaaS, Software Defined Storage (VSA).
- Must be a bachelor’s/engineering graduate.
- Excellent communication, interpersonal and logical skills.
- Customer service oriented and a strong team player.
- Ability to work under pressure and a commitment to solving issues.
- French language proficiency would be an advantage
Here is the Key Skill Set /requirements expected from this position
- Minimum 6-8 years of experience in Infrastructure Automation
- Expert in PowerShell Scripting with hands on experiences Databases (like SQL, MySQL)
- Knowledge of core Windows OS with system administration knowledge
- Experience in creating Infrastructure Related Dashboards/ Workflows / Web services