Workplace Transform'n & Ways of Working
About Standard Chartered
We are a leading international bank focused on helping people and companies prosper across Asia, Africa and the Middle East.
To us, good performance is about much more than turning a profit. It's about showing how you embody our valued behaviours - do the right thing, better together and never settle - as well as our brand promise, Here for good.
We're committed to promoting equality in the workplace and creating an inclusive and flexible culture - one where everyone can realise their full potential and make a positive contribution to our organisation. This in turn helps us to provide better support to our broad client base.
The Role Responsibilities
The bank's Technology & Innovation division has a well-articulated strategy aligned to technology themes, and with the creation of the new Transformation & Change group, aims to transform the technology organisation and its DNA. 'Workplace Transformation and Ways of Working' has been established as one of the core work streams within the new T&I Transformation and Change umbrella to transform where and how our T&I workforce work in the future. This initiative has been mobilised to build out the Future Workplace via the "Work from Anywhere" hybrid working model, and includes upgrades to both the "Work from Office" experience and the "Work from Home" experience. This involves:
- Implementing the Work from Anywhere working model. This includes building out the culture, protocols and norms that would allow our T&I workforce to adopt our hybrid working model.
- Aligning the Work From Anywhere working model with the bank's New Ways of Working transformation, to enable accelerated New Ways of Working adoption.
Future Workplace buildouts will include SmartForce, which covers the build out and modernisation of Singapore CBP1, in alignment with the Digital Workplace and New Ways of Working initiatives. It is expected that additional builds will be identified as SmartForce progresses. An experienced Agile Programme Manager is required to design and champion the rollout of this initiative across T&I. Strategy
- Support and participate in the definition of the Work from Anywhere working model enabling T&I to transform its workplace experience to a hybrid working model, whilst maintaining workforce engagement and productivity.
- Work in partnership with the Line of Business IT Teams and local management to ensure that the Work from Anywhere working model supports the demands of the Lines of Business and local working practices.
- Work in partnership with the T&I New Ways of Working Transformation Leads federated across T&I to ensure alignment of New Ways of Working initiatives and the Work from Anywhere working model.
- Support alignment of New Ways of Working initiatives across T&I, surfacing common issues and identifying cross-Domain opportunities and initiatves.
- Apply knowledge and judgement to identify opportunities for increased productivity, enhanced efficiency, reduced cost, increased accountability and higher levels of motivation across the workforce, through a colleague-centric Work from Anywhere working model.
- Influence and engage key stakeholders, making the case for the Work from Anywhere working model for T&I.
- Support the delivery of the Work from Anywhere Working Model across T&I, collaborating with others across the T&I Transformation & Change team and partnering with CIOs to manage changes successfully.
- Ensure strong collaboration with Line of Business partners and IT Teams in order to ensure successful end to end adoption of New Ways of Working.
- Ensure strong collaboration with Property to ensure that Workplace Transformation and Ways of Working practices align with the Property-sponsored workplace upgrades.
- Ensure strong collaboration with HR to ensure proposals meet necessary standards, policies and expectations.
- Build deep and robust relationships across T&I to understand, influence and co-create organisational and process solutions to enable T&I to deliver to the business more effectively and efficiently.
- Bring experience from Management Consulting to manage the Work from Anywhere working model analysis and design activities considerately to ensure the right outcome is reached without emotion or political interference.
- Awareness and understanding of the wider business, economic and market environment in which the group operates and the impact upon Technology & Innovation
- Utilise experience and visibility across other Financial Services and Technology organizations to build on previous lessons learnt and inspire new Standard Chartered specific concepts.
People and Talent
- Identify process inefficiency and process pain points across T&I, collaborate with stakeholders to prioritise deeper investigation, and determine solutions via organisational design and/or direct process redefinition.
- Partner with Future Workplace Now program to ensure alignment of relevant policies and procedures to support the Work from Anywhere working model and Ways of Working practices.
- Drive to embed new processes aligned to the new working model, collect feedback and manage lessons learnt to achieve ongoing incremental improvements.
- Understand the existing people, location, workforce and operating model, alongside in-flight organisational transformation initiatives across T&I to fully understand the 'as-is' state and consider and manage the full impact of proposed changes.
- Work closely with HR to understand implications of working model and ways of working changes on job descriptions, objectives, feedback and rewards.
- Support definition of the Work from Anywhere working model and Ways of Working to improve our ability to employ, engage and retain high quality people.
- Provide broad technical input across the T&I Transformation & Change team to ensure activities are compatible with technical realities of the environment.
- Lead through example and build the appropriate culture and values.
- Support identification of how implementation of Work from Anywhere working model and Ways of Working creates need for additional training and development. Work with HR and colleagues in the T&I Transformation & Change group to deliver the necessary training and guidance.
- Ensure clear communication of purpose and activities associated with designing the Work from Anywhere working model and New Ways of Working rollout.
Regulatory & Business Conduct
- Awareness and understanding of the regulatory framework in which the Group operates, and the regulatory requirements and expectations relevant to the roles impacted by any working model, organisational design and/or role changes.
- Assess how governance, oversight and controls are achieved with the current working model and practices, how this can be improved with the Work from Anywhere working model and New Ways of Working practices and oversee changes as required.
- Ensure alignment of Governance activities within the Work from Anywhere working model and New Ways of Working practices and broader bank governance processes.
- Display exemplary conduct and live by the Group's Values and Code of Conduct.
- Take personal responsibility for embedding the highest standards of ethics, including regulatory and business conduct, across Standard Chartered Bank. This includes understanding and ensuring compliance with, in letter and spirit, all applicable laws, regulations, guidelines and the Group Code of Conduct.
- Effectively and collaboratively identify, escalate, mitigate and resolve risk, conduct and compliance matters.
- T&I Management Team
- Human Resources
- Transformation leads across T&I
- Technology Services Management Team
- Cloud Transformation Office
Our Ideal Candidate
- Perform other responsibilities assigned under Group, Country or Functional policies and procedures.
- 15+ yrs Experienced with setting up and executing transformation initiatives in one or more of the following areas (workplace transformation, Agile,/Scrum, and DevOps transformations, organisational change management, New ways of working, human centred design).
- Ability to develop and implement effective change management and communication strategies, with a focus on enabling transformation through mindset change.
- Proficient with gathering, modelling and analysing data to test hypotheses and quantify opportunities
- Independent, adaptable, proactive, and highly empathetic, with excellent analytical, communication, organisational and problem-solving skills.
- Background in management consulting, technology, banking or financial services preferred.
- Degree / Diploma in a technical discipline.
Apply now to join the Bank for those with big career ambitions.
To view information on our benefits including our flexible working please visit our career pages . We welcome conversations on flexible working.